NICK GAS TO LEAVE DISH / Cartoon Network West To Move

I would think Dish could work out a cheap deal with ION to carry Qubo for a kids channel to replace Nick Gas. They recently added ION West (I know not much of a channel) but maybe their relationship is better to work out a deal on this channel and or ION Life (heatlh/fitness/travel info).

I also think it would be great for them to add a couple of other channels to make the family package a greater value like RTN (Classic TV shows), The Gospel Music Channel (music videos of all styles, special concerts, and family movies), FamilyNet (a mix of Christian programming and classic TV shows) or the NRB channel (sound Christian teaching).

Qubo seems to be shooting for NBC subchannels.

FamilyNet has their own stations. They were on SkyAngel. Some sparks flew between EchoStar and Dominion over it.

NRB may be a DIRECTV exclusive.

Family is already loaded with religious channels..

What about WGN America? I know that is probably dirt cheap and it's way better than ION ever would be. As a (brand new) DishFamily subscriber, I would like to see another channel added to make up for this loss.

Another question - were they even paying Nick to carry GAS since it's been dead for so long?

Family is already loaded with religious channels..

What about WGN America? I know that is probably dirt cheap and it's way better than ION ever would be. As a (brand new) DishFamily subscriber, I would like to see another channel added to make up for this loss.

Another question - were they even paying Nick to carry GAS since it's been dead for so long?

Why do so many think WGN America is so cheap? It has been in Silver/200, etc. for ages.

Im glad that Noggin has been released for full time on dish. How long have we been asking for this one. It just made too much sence. Now if dish would pickup the PBS kids channels they are missing.

Why do so many think WGN America is so cheap? It has been in Silver/200, etc. for ages.

WGN is on virtually every BASIC cable package (and of course expanded basic) and is on DirecTV's basic. I don't understand why Dish keeps it on such a high-tier. I am pretty sure it's cheap....certainly cheaper than some of the stuff on there (Family).

I'm surprised they allow The Science Channel in that package.

Ha....and Investigation Discovery, FLN, etc.

Another question - if Noggin becomes Nick Jr. and The N becomes Teen Nick, what purpose does regular Nick serve? Everyone in between? I can't see "Teen Nick" appealing to anyone over the age of 14. They might as well call it Tween Nick.

Noggin is for those 3 and under. (at least in my house). Nick handles the 3-10 range. Ten Nick will appeal to the 10-14 range.

1. I wonder if the people at The N forums have gotten wind of all of this?
2. The rebranding? It's called building on the brand name they've got.
3. Universal Sports sometimes shows up, esp. on NBC O&Os. Weather Plus is all over the map; our NBC affil moved to the AccuWeather platform but kept the brand name. Funny, too, because it means that two subchannels (12.2 and 15.2) have the same forecast content.

I had my friend tape many of the shows from that network before it was gone. I worked at Universal Studios when many of them were made. So many memories. I would put some of them on youtube but Viacom takes them off . Why do I have the feeling in the future we're going to see less channels and not more.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)