NICK GAS TO LEAVE DISH / Cartoon Network West To Move

Im glad that Noggin has been released for full time on dish. How long have we been asking for this one. It just made too much sence. Now if dish would pickup the PBS kids channels they are missing.

Good call, Bob!

Next fight, bring on PBS Sprout Dish, what's holding that up???
It's a Comcast/PBS channel, and Direct carries it.

Not true anymore - it IS on Total Choice, but that is a grandfathered pkg which new subs can NO longer get.
It was actually moved UP to Choice Extra when it came out, which is NOT the basic D* pkg.
I stand corrected.

I am not totally positive, but I am pretty sure Cox, Charter (this I'm sure of), and Time Warner offer WGN on their basic packages. My small town-local cable company even does....odd that Comcast does not offer it.

Dish giveth, and Dish taketh away! I am calling to cancel tomorrow if Nick GAS is not put back up! How DARE they add Viacom HD's and take away another Viacom channel!!!!! I'm going to find whatever service has Voom, Smithsonian, and Nick GAS and having them installed on Monday if Dish doesn't fix this IMMEDIATELY!!!!!! ;) :D

I stand corrected.

I am not totally positive, but I am pretty sure Cox, Charter (this I'm sure of), and Time Warner offer WGN on their basic packages. My small town-local cable company even does....odd that Comcast does not offer it.

Actually cc DOES offer it on limited basic, at least in most areas of IL (outside of the Chicago DMA, of course, which has the "real" WGN)

I think the poster that said Comcast doesn't offer WGN is incorrect....maybe just not in some markets. My brother in Charleston, SC (who Comcast serves) says he gets it on basic and actually it's even on limited basic.

As for cost, for the thing to be on limited basic I would think it's cheap to carry.

TOONW is live at 177 and I only have AT200. Sounds like you got some bad info Scott.

Yeah I noticed that today as well I'm on the Silver HD Plan with Platinum and noticed that at lunch today. Went ahead and added it to my little girl Fav List. Whats the difference between TOON and TOONW?

I think what Dish was trying to say was this:

GAS was available in the Dish Family package. It was also available in the Top 250 package. It was never available in the Top 100 or 200 package.

With GAS going away, they are stating that Dish Family customers will NOT get Toon West as a replacement. But -- and here is how the wording got bungled -- if you had Gas as a part of the 250 package you will instead receive Toon West (even though you already DID get Toon west!).

So, they were just trying to state that Toon West would not be a part of Dish Family.

Robert

GAS was available in the Dish Family package. It was also available in the Top 250 package. It was never available in the Top 100 or 200 package.

With GAS going away, they are stating that Dish Family customers will NOT get Toon West as a replacement. But -- and here is how the wording got bungled -- if you had Gas as a part of the 250 package you will instead receive Toon West (even though you already DID get Toon west!).

So, they were just trying to state that Toon West would not be a part of Dish Family.

Robert

Good sum-up.
I am sort of pissed, as a new Dish Family subscriber we already lose a channel (that I was expecting to go away anyway), and probably won't be getting any sort of replacement. Bummer. IMO, we ought to get a half-decent channel to replace it. JMO.

Toon West at the old map down has been there in HD Absolute (and I was assuming Turbo HD packs) since it was first added at 181. I was glad to see it was still in Absolute this morning. I like being able to catch adult swim during breakfast (even if it was squidbillies this morning).

BTW, for parents sensitve to such things, Adult Swim does run on Toon West until about 9:00am EDT

Look like gas is back at 9?

I'm sure it's just a guide data error. I liked Nick GAS and I am disappointed to see it go although since they quit playing new stuff I guess it became worthless. With so much classic shows Nick has I don't why they don't make a classic channel. I heard Viacom tried but it ultimately failed due to a lack of funds. I don't know how true that is,but with GAS gone there's no more classic Nick anywhere on TV.

Yeah I noticed that today as well I'm on the Silver HD Plan with Platinum and noticed that at lunch today. Went ahead and added it to my little girl Fav List. Whats the difference between TOON and TOONW?

TOON = EST Feed
TOONW = PST Feed

Main difference: TOONW shows the same programming that is shown on TOON a few hours later due to the fact that PST is a few hours behind EST.

Word of caution about your girl fav list: Since toonw is behind, you will get "Adult Swim" content in the morning hours when your kids may be watching. Personally, I would just leave it off. If you live in EST or even CST, TOONW is useless to you unless you miss something and still want to catch it a few hours later.

That's what was posted to the Dish Retailer website.

Robert

Sounds like Dish's PR people need to work on their english-speaking skills. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)