Nick Gas

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
I thought Nick Gas was toast New years day!! Looks like they still have listings for it

Weird! I did see the first advertisements (that I have seen) for The N today! I can't believe they are going to be showing Saved by the Bell! :) That certainly brings back some memories... One of my favorite shows (no matter how corny it sounds) when I was growing up.

Nick GaS (Games And Sports) will still be available, but is becoming a broadband (online) video service at Nick.Com as of 1/1/08.

The N is taking over the GaS linear channel. My Insight cable box already shows "The N" in the guide on the correct channel.

I am confused, though, looking at the schedule, it seems like the new 24/7 The N will be showing more reruns, more syndication, and less original / international programming than its 12 hour incarnation.

To me, the original and/or international programming has always been the greatest strength of The N as it offered something different in teen TV, rather than endless reruns of the same supposedly "popular" shows. Instead, the new 24/7 The N will be borrowing many shows from its parent network's TEENick block, and is acquiring rerun rights to Saved By The Bell (which I'll admit does belong on a teen TV channel somewhere), That 70's Show, etc.

Hilarious, Dish seems to be the only company that didn't make the switch from GaS to The N last night at 6:00 am. Now while everyone already lost their GaS, Dish customers are so special that we get to keep it just a bit longer! I wonder what would have happened if Nick stopped broadcasting GaS? I guess we would just have a dead air channel then.

If you go to The N website there is a place where it tells you the new channel number for The N.

For Dish Network it tells you that the old channel is 169 and the new channel is 169.

I hope this is incorrect, ,as I want Noggin 24/7 for my son.

If you go to The N website there is a place where it tells you the new channel number for The N.

For Dish Network it tells you that the old channel is 169 and the new channel is 169.

I hope this is incorrect, ,as I want Noggin 24/7 for my son.

Well they probably want to get Noggin on 177 instead then so it can be up there along with Nicktoons, Discovery Kids, ABC Family and Cartoon Network. The N at 169 right under Nick is a pretty good idea. However, I'm surprised that Dish isn't on top of this change to give us the first day of The N for whatever special they are running today.

I sure it will go black at mid night or early morning.

Just when I thought that Noggin was changed over, they switched back to the N on channel 169 at about 5:13 (CT) in the middle of a show my children were watching (oh well). I guess GAS will also remain until that change is made

In the middle of a feature length childrens movie (Franklin) that Noggin has been promoting as part of its switch to 24/7, much to the dismay of my three year old the channel switched to the The N without notice. Thanks Dish. Didn't Charlie once say that of all the channels that Dish carries the one channel that he wouldn't mess with was Noggin?

I believe Noggin was cited as such a good channel, that Dish did not need to pay extra for PBS Kids Sprout.

As of 11:18 pm Eastern.

The N is on channel 169.
Nick GaS is on channel 177
Noggin is MIA

See ya
Tony
Despite the fact that programming information for Noggin appears a the top of the screen, right now @ 11:35 I'm watching the screening party, not Max & Ruby which is what my son would like to be on since he just woke up!

According to a post on the other forum, a CSR said that the N/Noggin split will continue indefinitely on Dish and the EPG will be fixed Wednesday.

I don't believe the CSR, but it is plausable

Sounds like a contract dispute to me!

see ya
Tony

I have spoken to Dish network via phone and was told, it was a problem with the Noggin signal. Then I was told that they had combined into one channel. I was then told that the programming guide has a problem. Finally, I had another argue with me that the two are not going to seperate 24/7 broadcasts with any carrier and disagreed with me when I advised I saw it on Cox Cable at my parents not two hours ago with my own eyes!

VERY frustrating.

According to a post on the other forum, a CSR said that the N/Noggin split will continue indefinitely on Dish and the EPG will be fixed Wednesday.

I don't believe the CSR, but it is plausable

Sounds like a contract dispute to me!

see ya
Tony

They're raising my rates $5 a month anyway.

Just give me the damn station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts