Nick Gas

I would not trust Wikipedia. They said that Dish Network had problems putting The-N on Channel 177. I was at 5:55 AM and had 177 on. At 6:00 AM they just went right on to their next game show on the crappy GAS Channel. There was no black screen or anything. The channel just continued like nothing has happened and it is still the same.

What I don't understand is if Nick GAS is off why does Dish Network still have programming on it. Also the Wikipedia article does not mention anything about January 31st.

Edit: According to this post The N: Message Boards: The N on TV: General Discussion: People with dish network!!! t=15 on the N boards that crappy Nick GAS is staying and the N will be time shared. I don't know what Dish's problem is.

I have time warner here in Columbus, they have Noggin on 24/7 on one channel and the channel that was Nick GAS became The N (though time warner's on screen guide says GAS - Off Air) it's showing The N 24/7.

I dont see why E* could not get this one right. If they wanted to run Noggin 24/7 and run The N 24/7 it was just a matter of programming their Viacom satellite receivers for the right digital channel and then feeding the channel to the right encoder to uplink to the E* satellites.

Also,

Likely the reason E* still has a feed of Nick GAS is that Viacom will need likely a way to get the programming to a data center for feeding to the masses on the web and thus is keeping the up link up at least at this time.

Methinks Viacom/CBS/whoever wanted to keep Noggin in the AT200 package, and Dish wanted to replace GaS with it, in the higher package.

That would fit with E*'s usual strategy. They will say that the programming changed significantly, and they aren't required to change it. When it's headed to court, all of a sudden Noggin will show up 24/7 someplace. They did this with one network or another several years ago as I recall.

You mean the IFC/Romance Classics saga, Jeff_R?

Yep, I remember that - it happened when RC changed to WE, & Rainbow prog & E* got into a pissing match also regarding the time share arrangement. (which was always stupid anyway :rolleyes: ) For a month or 2, E* still had a shared channel w/IFC & a "special" feed of RC, which as I recalled, was really just the same feed of WE, but instead it had the RC "heart" bug in the corner.

Eventually, Rainbow & E* kissed & made up, & E* made both IFC & WE their own channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts