Nicktoons TV on DirecTV but not on DISH?

JBar1017

Original poster
Sep 25, 2003
I just found out when the renewed the contract of Viacom to DirecTV they got Nicktoons TV with the renewal! As there are problems with the agreements with DISH, will we also get Nicktoons TV? On the "other" site, they said that DISH does not want Nicktoons TV and Viacom will not go forward with the renewal contracts. So I would like to know if the above is true, and will we soon get Nicktoons TV?

JBar1017

I've been an E* subscriber for over six years.

There have been three typical scenarios that I recall.

1. Providers want higher prices. ESPN is known for asking for double digit price increases each year.

2. Providers want to bundle channels. "We'd be happy to give you the All Academy Award Movie Channel as long as you pick up the All Tom Arnold Channel and the All Regis Philbin Channel."

3. Providers want channels provided to all subscribers, rather than a la carte or only in higher level packages. Providers want nine million subscribers rather than fifty thousand.

All of these are part of the normal tension between satellite operators and program providers.

Each is trying to maximize their revenue and profit, of course.

I offer no judgement of which side is more evil.

There are also channels which pay E* to be carried. I assume the shopping channels send Charlie a check each month.

I'd personally prefer to pay a la carte for only the channels I want, but there's NO WAY that's going to happen.

Other posters can probably come up with some other examples.

Do we really need another cartoon channel anyways? I think there are plenty of channels for children already out there.

As a parent I would welcome Nicktoons. I don't think that their are enough kids channels now, we also really need PBS kids, although If I turn my OTA antenna, I can get that from Milwaukee. They have added that to their Digital OTA signal now that they are multicasting 5 different channels.

Sparkman said:
As a parent I would welcome Nicktoons. I don't think that their are enough kids channels now, we also really need PBS kids.

Yes!! I would agree i switched from D* to E* and just took it for granted that E* had pbskids.. Wow did i really mess up!! More channels for kids helps us out sooo much!!

I too agree, more TV for the kids! Why should us adults have 140 plus channels!

I think Nick puts out very good kids programing, and PBSKids has very good stuff, not just toons!

I wish Dish would get with it and add these, and less SPORTS!

I sent an e-mail to Dish several months back suggesting a new kids add-on package. Nicktoons, PBSKids and N. I would pay an additional (small) fee for mor kids channels. Obviously fell on deaf ears.

BlackHitachi said:
Sparkman said:
Yes!! I would agree i switched from D* to E* and just took it for granted that E* had pbskids.. Wow did i really mess up!! More channels for kids helps us out sooo much!!

But E* has Nick Games and Sports, a kids channel that D* is missing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts