Nielsen changed local channel area - get my local channels back?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tri-tom

Original poster
Jun 26, 2013
Southeast Ohio
First, apologies for being new to the forum, but this place seems to be the best place to find an answer. Yes? I hope so.

I moved to Athens, OH (SE Ohio) two years ago. Local channels (TWC) were Columbus, OH which is where I moved from - great!
Jan. 1, 2012 I woke up to find that the local channels were Charleston, WV and Huntington, WV. No warning, but I am sure everyone has heard those stories...

TWC was "great" at first and added some (non-HD) channels from Columbus which gave us our news, although not the one we wanted.

Recently, I had to move to DirecTV (because of TWC incompetence) and of course the same local channels of WV. No ranting against the WV channels, but my kids all live in the Columbus area, and we would like to continue getting them.

Any hope? Again, I am a newbie at Satellite (although I do have some technical savvy).

Cheers!
Tom

Some on the site say that you can "move" as in change the physical address to one in Columbus or that DMA but that is not supposed to be allowed.

"Moving" is easy to do, especially if you have an in-DMA address to use, which it sounds like you do.

Another option is an over-the-air antenna and Directv AM21. The AM21 is an add-on module to your receiver that will allow you to watch and DVR OTA stations, which become integrated into your guide. However, just using the downtown Athens coordinates, Columbus looks difficult to receive, but that could vary significantly depending on your exact address, elevation, antenna quality, and antenna height.

Do a search and read threads on "moving". Essentially you are changing your service address with Directv which will change your locals. If they change just the mailing address it will not help with locals, service address has to be changed by CSR, not website.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Tom!

As others have noted, "moving" isn't difficult, and it technically allowed by Directv, many do it without any issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)