NIT

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
I could not be prouder of my alma mater then the effort and victory of the Bucknell Bison tonight. TRUE scholar athletes emerge victorious.

My ISU Redbirds dominated Ole Miss tonight, only losing the lead when one of our stars fouled out, but took it to over time and won. first NIT win since 1996. Next up, Stanfod on Monday. Not bad for a seven seed. This team has matured so much since the start of the MVC Tournament. Makes me really excited about next year, with he whole team returning.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Eh.... For all the teams snubbed by the corrupt NCAA tourney, the post-season NIT is an excellent tournament.

I elect to view the NIT as being more selective than the NCAA Tournament and that most teams jump on the NCAA bandwagon for fear of not receiving an NIT invitation (i.e.g, one of the Top 32 teams in the Nation). Plus, the winner of the National Invitation Tournament is, in fact, the National Champion by definition. :)

Plenty of top-notch teams in this year's NIT.

Can teams reject going to NIT? I like how the NIT is now with actual brackets. Very confusing the old way.

I'm sure they could if they wanted to. but why would they want to?

I know the University of Illinois, which did not get an NIT bid (snicker, snicker), said they were not interested in any of the other lesser tournaments. (Of course, they just fired their coach).

I always enjoy watching teams who struggled through the year "get hot" down the stretch and, after failing to secure an NCAA bid, get "sizzling hot" in the NIT. I often feel the final four can match-up very well against anyone in the NCAA Sweet 16.

I always enjoy watching teams who struggled through the year "get hot" down the stretch and, after failing to secure an NCAA bid, get "sizzling hot" in the NIT. I often feel the final four can match-up very well against anyone in the NCAA Sweet 16.

I don't know if my Birds will make it to the NIT final four, but they have definitely got hot "down the stretch," beginning with the MVC Semi-Finals, taking out #15 Wichita State. And it sure is fun. Loads of fun.

I personally like the NIT although there weren't any teams I like in it this year.I also feel like the NIT champ should merit a top 25 ranking.

Watch an NIT game and tell me the kids playing aren't playing to win as if they are in the tournament. Its just as intense, and just as important to them. Yeah, to the "power" conferences, its a "slight," but to actual student-atheletes, its not a bad thing at all.

I do think its very subjective because some teams view the NIT as really big and some teams and the fans dont. I guess it would depend on the team. Like I said earlier, I like how its easier to follow with the brackets but after watching a lot of the NCAA Tournament, Im pretty burnt out on the NIT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)