NL vs. AL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Ok the topic of this thread is which style of play you like better. The AL with the DH, or the NL with the pitcher batting.

Also which League you think it would be harder to manage in..

I'm a huge NL guy. The DH hurts the end of AL games because you don't see the switching that goes on when a new pitcher goes in. I love the double switch. I don't their either league is harder to manage in, I think most managers could handle the double switch.

I got it go with the DH. I hate to see a pitcher come up in a big situation where an extra bat is needed. I do not think the managing in either league is a huge deal. The double switch...mmm I do not like. Bobby valentine had a rule to double switch... whoever made the last out of the ininng was the one out. I hated it .

But the pitcher comming up is huge. Do you send in a pinch hitter or have him bunt? I just love that. The DH is usually a bad fielder, overweight and stikes out a lot. I always picture "The Cobra".

James said:
But the pitcher comming up is huge. Do you send in a pinch hitter or have him bunt? I just love that. The DH is usually a bad fielder, overweight and stikes out a lot. I always picture "The Cobra".

I agree about the decision is huge...but even though E. Martinez cannot play his position, he is one of the best hitters I have seen as a DH.

I dunno, if you can't play a field position you shouldn't be able to play. I hate the DH rule. But then, I have always been a NL homer.

Aside from seeing starting pitchers attempt to hit 2-3 times a game in the NL, I don't see a lot of difference in the quality of games or strategy between the leagues.

After the starting pitcher leaves, so the NL manager has to go to his bench for pinch-hitters (temporary DH's, in other words) and occasionally employ the double-switch (something any 3rd grader could master). Oh, and occasionally you see a rally get killed in the early/middle innings of a NL game, because there are two outs and either the #8 hitter or the pitcher are due up. That's about it.

Some say that there are more fastballs in the NL, and maybe some NL teams have more of a fetish for stocking the bench with speedy utility types, but from my seat in the stands (or at home) those details don't affect my enjoyment of the game all that much.

Reactions: Balock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)