NLS: The Saga ends

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blkhawk666

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Well, no Voom for me. the installers were out and couldnt get a line of site. So I will have to wait. thanks for all who have helped and Ill be around dreaming of the day I can get Voom.

blkhawk666 said:
Well, no Voom for me. the installers were out and couldnt get a line of site. So I will have to wait. thanks for all who have helped and Ill be around dreaming of the day I can get Voom.

Are you fairly confident that your installers knew what they were doing.
I have personaly watched 2 friends be told they could no way have line of site. Then with coaxing we found perfect line of site with no problems.

What caused your lack of line of site?

Do you have a dishnet system?
There are ways you can fool with that to find a line of site for 61.5?

let us know.

Didn't you take the time to do your own site survey before you ordered to find out for yourself if it was feasible to actually get LOS to the V* sat?

If you did and still feel like you should get it, get a second opinion.

they should have thrown up the dish and tried to get a signal at least. They didnt drive up, look, and then tell you no did they?

I had to have a 2nd installer out because I was told the same thing. I did my homework in the meantime and determined I did have LOS. I was told if the 2nd installer wasn't able to perform the install, I would be charged a $45.00 service charge. Here is a thread that contains a Line of Sight calculator that you can use to check it out for yourself. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=54432&postcount=193

I used a piece of posterboard and a protractor to accurately determine the correct elevation (I cut the posterboard so that all I had to do was look along the edge once it was level) and a compass to determine the correct direction. I had trees in that direction but the signal was at least 10 degrees about the top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)