No 105 locals on an 811 HD receiver?

mikepatr

Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
OK.. I've gone round and 'round with DN. My 811 doesn't get locals. 105 shows the big red X. I've heard that the Charleston/Huntington,WV locals are on that sat. I have a dish 500. My 311 receivers have no problems.

I've done switch checks and resets a plenty. I've moved the receivers around. They sent a new 811... same thing. Then they charged me $29.00 to send the dish gurus out. They tried to tell Dish Network I needed a 311 (which would be FINE). Dish Network refused to listen to the techs and are sending another 811.

I went to my local Radio Shack here in Pikeville, KY tonight. They are an authorized Dish Network Retailer. Guess what? They have an 811 receiver with NO LOCALS. We did a system info... Big red X on the 105 bird. They said the CSR THEY talked to said they had a bad LNB.

Does anyone out there know why these 811's can't seem to get 105 locals? I'm sure it's probably going to be really obvious to some of the experienced people out there. Many, many thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to lend their brain for a moment. If another CSR asks me if the dish is blocked by new foliage or if I have a loose connection I'll scream.

Dish is moving locals off of 105' (and 121') and may have already done so.

Also, I'm not sure that you can receive 105' with a standard Dish 500. Doesn't it require a different LNB, maybe a Ku-band one ?

Uhhhh...

Well I guess its a 500. I get a channel that tells me "congratulations! You have a dish 500!" The dish says "SUPER" Dish Network and there are 3 LNB's on it.

Those channels aren't 100% accurate. A 105' SuperDish (I used to have one) does in fact see 110' and 119' and because it does, you pick up that banner channel.

When did this dish get installed, maybe 3 years ago ? Is it about 30" across ?

that's the one

Those channels aren't 100% accurate. A 105' SuperDish (I used to have one) does in fact see 110' and 119' and because it does, you pick up that banner channel.

When did this dish get installed, maybe 3 years ago ? Is it about 30" across ?

Yes... it is about that size and age. I originally had HD service but dropped it after my 480p tv proved less than spectacular.

Thanks!

Problem solved!

Finally - Dish network confirmed that there had been a migration of the local channels from at least one of the satellites that the 811 can receive.

Every single CSR I talked to before tonight always identified this as a technical issue and caused me to incur a $29 service call. I asked for a refund tonight and they refused. I finally got tired of arguing with them. Customers should not have to pay for their sloppy migrations and lack of proper training of their staff... the cheap bas***rds

Yes... I will have some cheese... Thank you.

The migration upgrade is FREE. Call back and get TECH SUPPORT - someone who knows what is going on.

OK.. I've gone round and 'round with DN. My 811 doesn't get locals. 105 shows the big red X. I've heard that the Charleston/Huntington,WV locals are on that sat. I have a dish 500. My 311 receivers have no problems.

Are you saying that you receive your locals on your 311's but not your 811?

primestar with a legacy lnb

locations of HD satellites ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)