locations of HD satellites ?

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
Does anybody know the orbital locations of Dishs HD channels in the Rochester, NY area.? I get 110 and 119 now but I hear their HD channels are somewhere else. Thanks BP

Does anybody know the orbital locations of Dishs HD channels in the Rochester, NY area.? I get 110 and 119 now but I hear their HD channels are somewhere else. Thanks BP

Robertjp,

Most of the HD channels are located on 129 or 61.5. Since the Satellite located at the 129 orbital slot does NOT have proper footprint to reach Western NY, you will need an additional Dish pointed at 61.5 to get MOST of the HD channels that are carried by Dish Network (Dish does any a few HD channels located at 110 but the VAST majority of the HD channels are located at 129 and 61.5). Be aware Dish does NOT have the Rochester local HD channels. You will need to get an OTA antenna to connect to the Antenna Input on the back of a Dish HD receiver in order to get the Rochester locals in HD.

If you have a Dish Pro Plus TWIN LNBF then you can connect the coax from the 61.5 Dish to the Pro PLUS TWIN LNBF on the Dish 500.

If you do not have a Pro PLUS TWIN then you will likely need a Dish Pro 34 switch.

Be aware the Dish'n it up upgrade includes any and all needed hardware and installation in the upgrade price.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts