No 119 options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

alphageek

Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Virginia
I have had a tree grow up and block my 119 reception.

As a result, I am unable to download a program guide.

Is there any way to alter my setup to at least get an HD programming guide through the 61.5 satellite?

How hard is the eastern arc "upgrade" to implement, if I have two existing HD receivers? From reading around, I see that I need a different smart card? The dish itself looks easy to install.

119 options

I have a 622 DVR and recently reaimed my dishes for the Eastern arc and didn't need to change a card in my receiver. I just use satellites 61.5 and 72 as 77, which is also part of the eastern arc only has two channels that I lose that I have any interest in WGN america HD and Encore HD.

I have had a tree grow up and block my 119 reception.

As a result, I am unable to download a program guide.

Is there any way to alter my setup to at least get an HD programming guide through the 61.5 satellite?

How hard is the eastern arc "upgrade" to implement, if I have two existing HD receivers? From reading around, I see that I need a different smart card? The dish itself looks easy to install.
you may use any receiver for a 61.5 pointing. You MAY NOT use a non Eastern Arc compatible receiver for 72.7 and 77.
Try a second dish for aiming at the 61.5..You will need a switch to connect to the original dish which you will leave as is. 61.5 is to the south east.......use this site to dtermine the elevation and azimuth for your location.....Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

you may use any receiver for a 61.5 pointing. You MAY NOT use a non Eastern Arc compatible receiver for 72.7 and 77.

Thanks, I sort of gathered that from reading some other posts. Is there a faq or something else that I could go read about converting to eastern arc?

Try a second dish for aiming at the 61.5..You will need a switch to connect to the original dish which you will leave as is. 61.5 is to the south east.......

I am sorry, I now realize I was not clear in my original post. I already have a 61.5 for my hd and all I really want to do is get a working program guide. Right now, the boxes are trying to pull a guide from 119, which is now not visible. Is there some sort of workaround that would enable me to get a working program guide from my existing 61.5 dish:confused:?

Thanks for your help!

All Dish receivers now use the G3 card that was initially required for Eastern Arc.

All satellites carry the guide which includes HD channels. Since you know it's trying for 119, that probably means you have a DVR. The EEPG on the EA is at 72.7°.

All Dish receivers now use the G3 card that was initially required for Eastern Arc.

1) So that was the changeout of cards that was sent a while ago?

All satellites carry the guide which includes HD channels. Since you know it's trying for 119, that probably means you have a DVR. The EEPG on the EA is at 72.7°.

2) Yes, I have a DVR. Can I just re-aim the second dish I have to get the other two eastern arc satellites, or is the distance between them too big? Would I get the guide from another satellite if I ran a switch check and accepted the setup that says I don't currently have 119, until I have time to re-aim a satellite, or get an eastern arc antenna? Not having the guide is clobbering both my pvrs.

1) Yes.

2) While not optimal for it, the Dish 500 can be used to get 61.5 and 72.7. I don't know what the settings would be. Your 61.5 dish could then be swung over to 77, giving you an alternative EA setup. Don't do this though if you have any non-MPEG4 receivers, as cautioned back in post #3.

1) Yes.

2) While not optimal for it, the Dish 500 can be used to get 61.5 and 72.7. I don't know what the settings would be. Your 61.5 dish could then be swung over to 77, giving you an alternative EA setup. Don't do this though if you have any non-MPEG4 receivers, as cautioned back in post #3.

Thanks for the assistance. I may try making the change. Then again, I may be asking for trouble, and I may just get someone else out here to install an eastern arc antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts