No 2018 World Series In 4K

That means I don't have to keep looking for it to report in the Event thread! :)

And BTW, the old Brooklyn Dodger saying was not 'maybe next year,' it was 'wait until next year.' I know these things because I was rooting for them since the late 40s.... :)

Reactions: charlesrshell
I would be surprised to see anything live in 4K that is on a big 4 broadcast network, for the time being. Lots of affiliates who sell local advertising that would be left out in a national 4K broadcast.

I would be surprised to see anything live in 4K that is on a big 4 broadcast network, for the time being. Lots of affiliates who sell local advertising that would be left out in a national 4K broadcast.
There were some Winter Olympic weekend events that were on the Fox national channel that were 4K. Those broadcasts included commercials on the 4K channel while those from FS1 do not....

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tuesday and Wednesdays games will be on channel 540-1 in 4K no less!!

I watched one of the 4K games (ch 540-1) last week on my 11 year old Hitachi 1080i TV and there was an actual improvement visable in the picture, it was very crisp and clear even when downrezzed to 1080i by my Hopper 3.

To bad my Sony D50 in my office is connected to a Joey 2.0 so the wall sized picture has to come from the other Dish channels (maybe someday I'll put a 4K Joey in there).

Tuesday and Wednesdays games will be on channel 540-1 in 4K no less!!

I watched one of the 4K games (ch 540-1) last week on my 11 year old Hitachi 1080i TV and there was an actual improvement visable in the picture, it was very crisp and clear even when downrezzed to 1080i by my Hopper 3.

To bad my Sony D50 in my office is connected to a Joey 2.0 so the wall sized picture has to come from the other Dish channels (maybe someday I'll put a 4K Joey in there).
And where, pray tell, did you see that? It is not on my guide and as the previous link showed it won't be. The last two NLCS games at Dodger Stadium weren't either.

I watched one of the 4K games (ch 540-1) last week on my 11 year old Hitachi 1080i TV
I JUST replaced my 13ish year old Hitachi 1080i CRT. I loved that TV. It still works, but the picture isn't quite what it once was. Now I just have to get it back up the stairs out of my basement...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)