No ABC WTNH in Connecticut

murrays

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
I have been with Dish since 1996. Seen many changes and contract disputes with providers. This is the first one that is of concern. My wife watches programs on ABC, she rarely watches them live. I thought I had a solution. We have Optimum for internet. I was able to connect the internet coax and scanned for channels and the TV came up with about 25 channels including ABC. I figured if I bought the OTA Hopper adapter I could connect the cable and then when the Hopper would scan the channels and add them to the Dish guide. It did not work.
I had a old compact antenna I had used at our other house high on a hill where I got about a twenty channels. Our new location is in a valley surround by buildings. It did not receive any channels. I went on line to Antenna Web it said I might get 2 or 3 channels with a large directional antenna in the attic. The stations are in the Red and Purple or extreme fringe areas. We live in a 2 story Condo with a high attic I got a Channel Master Extremetenna, I checked how to aim it to get a good signal from the station and for good measure moved it in small increments still no stations. Does anyone know how I could get the output from the cable changed to an output the Hopper OTA adapter would recognize? It would cost about $100 a month for Cable box DVR plus all the cables etc. Thanks

I think your post should probably go in to Dish Network forum, this one here is for Free-to-Air satellite reception. But I was also wondering if you might be able to get WTNH with a large VHF-specific antenna, rather than any of the compact antennas which are often quite lousy at VHF reception. I'm in the Danbury area, and WTNH reception is not too difficult here, but does require a good exterior antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)