No activation until installation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

suresk

Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
I ordered my 622 on 2/1 and setup an install date of 2/25. The receiver came today, so I hooked it up (I do like the new interface).

When I called to activate it, I was told they couldn't do that until someone came out to do an install, because I needed two connections. I already have 2 connections, and then they said I needed the Dish 1000 to get the new HD channels. Fine - except the person who took my order on 2/1 didn't set it up to have them install the Dish 1000 at that time.

The guy had to redo the order, and doing that lost my order date. The next earliest one was 4/1! So I've paid $300 for this damn thing and now I have to let it sit here for a month and a half. What awesome service.

Has anyone had any luck in getting them to activate the current channels?

Anyone know if I'll get dinged the $13.33 per month if I cancel it now and return the 622? This is a joke, and I just want to return it, cancel my service and get the HD DVR from DirectTV.

Last edited:
If you have to connections going to the 622, and you have Dish's pointing at all the needed satellites, call back and tell them that it is all installed and you need them to cancel your work order, and activate the 622.

It might take a few calls to find someone that will do it for you, but you will get someone that will.

Where are you? What's your current dish set up? How many dishes and what birds do they receive? More info would help us answer your question better. :welcomeLet me be the first to say, "Welcome to SatelliteGuys!" :welcome

DVDDAD said:
Where are you? What's your current dish set up? How many dishes and what birds do they receive? More info would help us answer your question better. :welcomeLet me be the first to say, "Welcome to SatelliteGuys!" :welcome

I'm in Utah. I have a Dish 500 (Dual LNB), both cables coming into the same room. That is the only dish.

They are currently getting 110 & 119, I'm not sure how to tell which other ones I can get.

Thanks. Awesome forums - I've been lurking for quite a while, can't find a better place on the 'net for satellite info :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)