No audio on TV when using Sling adapter, 722K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
Hello,
I know little about the 722K so apologies. I recently hooked up a Sling adapter to my 722K, the Sling works over the net but I lose audio with the TV at home while Slinging.
I'm using a wireless usb device for Broadband. Everything seems fine with the exception of the audio in the TV. My 922 never had this issue. Any help greatly appreciated. Oh yea I am mirroring another TV from the 722K with HDMI if that would matter.

Hello,
I know little about the 722K so apologies. I recently hooked up a Sling adapter to my 722K, the Sling works over the net but I lose audio with the TV at home while Slinging.
I'm using a wireless usb device for Broadband. Everything seems fine with the exception of the audio in the TV. My 922 never had this issue. Any help greatly appreciated. Oh yea I am mirroring another TV from the 722K with HDMI if that would matter.

Have you tried component cables (YP[SUB]B[/SUB]P[SUB]R[/SUB]) along with red and white video cables in order to hear TV and to watch in HD (720p/1080i) for now? I would try connecting something else like a Blu-ray player or a video game console via HDMI to see if the audio still works on the TV. If you have more than one HDMI port, you could try switching the HDMI cable to another port. I am not sure if that would help, but it could not hurt to try. I hope that this helps and that you are able to find out what the issue is.

Thanks for the reply, I think I know the issue. I'm using "Y PB PR" for one set and HDMI for the other. The composite cables are of low quality. I am going to use a Powered HDMI Mini Splitter and eliminate the vintage cables and use 2 HDMI cables instead.... hopefully that works.
What I'm trying to do is add another Sling to my system (for my wife's work,) I'll be getting 2 Hoppers and a Joey in a few days.
Currently I have a 922 and a 722k, so I rigged the Sling adapter to the 722k on a desktop and ran the 922 Sling on a laptop. I was curious if my system could handle 2 sling adapters in the future. Everything worked except the audio on the home 722k TV?
The mirrored via HDMI cabled TV had audio, the composite cabled TV did not, hence the composite cable theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts