No audio when dd or dd/pcm selected

mikeinaustin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
722 connected to a denon receiver via an optical cable. Everything has been working for years.

Tonight the audio went out. Just by chance, i flipped to a sirius audio channel, and audio appeared! For the most part, any non-dolby channels produce audio out my denon receiver, but dolby channels produce nothing.

i switched the 722 to pcm output only and then all channels give me audio (though i never get dolby digital, as indicated by the reciever). Whenever i switch back to pure dd or dd/pcm, i am back to where this thread describes (audio on non-dd channels, no audio on dd channels).

i verified the optical connection was good. I put the 722 through a hard reset, still not fixed.

so then i thought maybe my receiver's dd processing unit died. however, i checked my ps3 audio (which is also connected via optical) and every thing is fine (including the denon receiver indicating it is getting a dd input).

dd/pcm is my original setting and the one i have been using for years.

any ideas?????

used my ps3 cable (known good) and the problem still exists.

Is it possible that the dolby digital hw in the 722 has died? I would have assumed that this was all software based and if the 722 could output pcm bitstream data it could output dd data as well, but this problem makes me wonder.

anyway, anyone ever heard of something like this?

we heard this today with the same setup i believe, whats your software? call dish and tell them, they gather that info to try to find the problem and their technical operations department needs your software, stereo model etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)