No "C-Band" on Profile Page???

Status
Not open for further replies.

4DTVZOMBIE

Original poster
May 22, 2004
Mountains of Colorado
I just signed up and noticed for the question "which service do you use for programming" there is no C-Band option. Since it has a better picture than any of the small dishes, less compression on the digital channels, free PBS HD channel, lower cost and more movie channels, it seems like quite a slight.

Most people believe that C-band is dead. I checked with my local dealer who has 2 BUD's on the roof of his shop, and was told to forget about it, it would be a waste of money. (I didn't listen, he just didn't get my money.)

C-Band is cancelling most people's services come the end of the month from what I hear..

Disn't Dish buy CBand?

Dish bought one of the programming services, there are still others. C-band is a frequency band, like Ku, there is no company. Most of the 'feeds' you watch are picked up by dish, directv, cable etc. from the C-band sats, compressed and sent down the cable to the cable subscribers or up to the Ku sats for broadcast to little dish subscribers.

C and KU band is alive and VERY well! There are loads of free channels up there, some VERY interesting if you dont check it out who know what you are missing? I agree we should have our own wee spot here at satelliteguys! Maybe less games and more satellite! Just Astroids and Space Invaders would work for me : )

My BUD is alive and well in western NC with C/Ku and a dvb rec.also tied into it. Have a small dish also but BUD is #1.Have had a BUD first in Ms. and now in NC since about 85.Long before encryption came along.Even before Ku was around.Still get a pretty good amount of programming thru NPS.No rain or snow fade either.
Stan

TO: BC SHIELDS: Quit lying to the people about them cancelling the people's services they are not. I received an invoice from one of the C-Band companies for a renewal and already paid it. I'll be receiving an invoice from another company in about 2 months and It will be paid.The picture quality is so much better and definitely no rain fade and what 4DTV Zombie said about the rest of it.I'll take my big dish any day over anything else out there.I bet you work for Dish Network or one of the small dish companies.

C-band Alive and well

Although C-band was never "mainstream" so to speak, most people could not afford the equipment (used to be very expensive) upwards of $3000.00 for a dish, actuator, analog receiver, feed, polarotor, lnb, etc. Not to mention a lot of folks did not have room for them on their property. Back then Cable service was a "normal thing to have" in light of satellite equipment expense.

mostly only folks in rural areas that was not served by cable got the C-band system and of course those of us who knew there was better ways to get programming (Us satellite guys! :D ).

Now is a different story, improved electronics and God bless digital. Now we have more choices than ever that can be brought to us much cheaper than ever before. C-band will never go away unless big brother finds another use for that part of the spectrum and enough bandwidth can be squeezed out of ku band and in the near future Ka band. Those birds are already being shot up into orbit.

C-band programming is still widely available but I am afraid that soon prices may be somewhat simillar to DBS services. Simply because now that DBS services are mainstream now, This will give them the money and influence to dominate the satellite industry. Don't get me wrong I am not against any of the DBS companies I subscribe to one now and am very happy with my service. C-band will always have its place.

When C-Band programming gets to be as high as the small dishes that will probably be the end of C-Band as a pay service because there would be little or no advantage to their service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)