No dish sold with SC recievers!!

Marble

Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
I bought a bundle pack (SC315 & 205) from Future Shop. Unknown to me in my research did I realise free installation means they bring the dish with them when installing. We've had DirecTV & FTA so we thought setting up SC wouldn't give us to much trouble but we now have to wait cause we have "no dish". Hrmph. :(

My question is: Is there any other bumps we may encounter? Hidden fees? Were in the country so is travel to get here included? I've read every thread here & I thought I'd post mine cause I was so excited about deciding on SC but my bubble has busted. I just don't want any more surprises.

Marble said:
but my bubble has busted.

SC adopted this policy last year for a number of reasons:
1) The bulk of service calls were for dishes that were either misaligned or became misaligned due to poor mounting.
2) To put a crimp into account splitting. They could start to track most accounts with 2 dishes as they allow the cottage dish to be added to the account.

BTW, if you had gone to an independent dealer as opposed to a big box store; you could probably have taken the dish home and installed it yourself. Most independents check these installs as a bad install requiring a service call goes against the dealer/installer's record.

Also BTW; SC is paying the installer to run 2 lines into your house. Make sure he installs 2 NEW lines. Keep your existing DTV lines for future use.

Marble said:
I bought a bundle pack (SC315 & 205) from Future Shop. Unknown to me in my research did I realise free installation means they bring the dish with them when installing. We've had DirecTV & FTA so we thought setting up SC wouldn't give us to much trouble but we now have to wait cause we have "no dish". Hrmph. :(

My question is: Is there any other bumps we may encounter? Hidden fees? Were in the country so is travel to get here included? I've read every thread here & I thought I'd post mine cause I was so excited about deciding on SC but my bubble has busted. I just don't want any more surprises.
Are you in canada? if you are they include everything.

install is free if you are in Canada :)

Another reason they don't carry the dishes in stock is the size...easier to show receivers than a 37x27 dish :)
(also, some areas need the larger dish)

re

I'm all set up & yes there are 2 lines. Thank you for responding.

Normally wouldn't be an issue but to those who wants to install themselves like we did. Came as a surprise.

The independant dealer had none to give us even if he wanted to. They had to wait for SC's work order.

I am an independant SC dealer. I can say with some certainty that

1) we can sell you a dish. Most places will charge ~$50 cad for a 60cm unassembled.

2) we can do your install for you. All you have to do is get the dealer number and installer number from the dealer, phone starchoice and be assertive. The work order number is what the dealer needs to get paid.

3) if we don't know you, we probably won't let you do self install. There is simply too much risk involved.

you mention a FTA dish. When I first received my SC, I have a Primestar dish I use on G10R. I ended up moving it up to F1 and using it for a while. I was lucky on my PS because I had the one output LNB (LO freq. 10750) so the switch was built inside. I even tried the 2 output LNB w/ a multi-switch and worked just as well. so not all is lost. enjoy your system once you get it going.

if all you want is the main satellite, you can use a 30" dish or larger

If you are trying both, you can use 2 separate dishes and a 22K switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)