No DVI cable included with 811

Neutron said:
What I find odd is my TV's manual says to use a DVI-D Single Link cable, 18+1 pin, but the back of my TV has a DVI-D port with all 24 pins. I have a JVC 48-W30

I hope the 811 is a single link. There is no reason for it to be dual. Single will display up to 1080i.

The cable did plug into the TV just fine though.

Neutron, I'm hooking mine up the same way. I ran around Christmas shopping yesterday and thats all I could find was the DVI-D Single Link cable (18+1 pin).

wazzup said:
My digital camera didn't come with a USB cable but has a USB port
My printer didn't come with a parallel cable but has a parallel port
My digital camcorder had no firewire cable.
My computer had no microphone, no usb, firewire or ethernet cable but has all those ports.

They have no idea what the user will need 3ft, 6ft 15ft, single or dual link or if even he will have a DVI input on his TV.
Should they waste an expensive cable that won't be used by many just to please a few like you.
I don't think so.

It is normal that the DVI cable is not included. There is nothing to be upset about.

Well said. wazzup gets it and so do most of the rest of us.

The last device I purchased that had every conceivable cable, wire and
connector needed for every possible connection configuration was a new
toaster-oven. But I still "wish" that a Pioneer Elite had come attached to
my new 811. ;)

Well, it's $499 without special discount. The fact that component cable is included without knowing the length of cable that customers need suggests that the DVI cable also should be included. This is what others are doing (SONY, LG, Zenith). And I bet the DVI cable would cost very little for E*.

Hyo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)