No DVI cable included with 811

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Has anyone else gotten upset over this detail that DISH didnt include? This is one of the main reasons I ordered the 811. The only electronics stores around here (BB, CC, and a store called Ovation) only have Monster brand and the cheapest one is $100.

I was informed when I called the Exec office that they will not provide it.

Anyone else a little upset over this?? :evil:

It would have been nice. But since I got the 6000 fro 149 and then the 811 for 149 then put the 6000 on Ebay and it is at 400 at the moment, I figure I have just about broke even and got the 811 with a DVI cable for free. Ain't life grand? :)

Thats not the point though. DISH has always bundled the cables needed to hook up their receivers.

Check out Pacific Cable. Got a DVI cable for my Bravo D1 for about 20 bucks. Works perfectly.

cyph

Can I use a DVI-I cable? Or do I need to have a DVI-D cable?

DVI-D .

BTW, check out Cables to GO www.cablestogo.com. Great prices, FAST service, Great products.

Bought a 3 meter (approx.10 feet)) DVI-D Dual Link cable for $39 (or $34) and had it the next day with express shipping.
No affiliation, just happy customer.

Works perfect with my 811/Plasma combo.

Picked up my 811 on Thursday. On the way home I stopped by Rat Shack and they didn't even know what a DVI cable was. What a surprise. So, yesterday I went into BB and saw the Monster for $99. I said thanx but no thanx. Matter of principle, I guess. On my way home to order online I stopped into a small local place that sells/installs E* and sells small electronics. Lo and behold, they had a 6 ft. DVI-D cable for $43 so I bought it. Cool! My plasma loves it!! I'll have to tweak all the settings on the PDP, though, since everything looks dark and richly saturated now.

BTW, anyone notice that they bundle a coax cable w/RF connectors with the 811? What the hell good is that? There's no RF out....Jeez.

Ebay... search DVI... buy for $15... Happy happy...

$9.00 6' single link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2769605567&category=51050

$16 10' dual link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3063118127&category=3320

Neutron said:
Has anyone else gotten upset over this detail that DISH didnt include? This is one of the main reasons I ordered the 811. The only electronics stores around here (BB, CC, and a store called Ovation) only have Monster brand and the cheapest one is $100.

I was informed when I called the Exec office that they will not provide it.

Anyone else a little upset over this?? :evil:

Why in the hell would any normal person get upset over this. Do you always let the little things bother you? Use the component cable provided like the rest of us. Or, if any one wants Charlie to include DVI, just send an extra 100 bucks! :D

It was generous of Dish to include a component cable - use it until you can get your DVI.

Cheep peeps that complain about Dish not doing "this" and not including "that" are a hoot. Having said that, I am more than a little miffed that my new 811 didn't come with a 70" Pioneer Elite HDTV attached! The absolute nerve of that cheap bastard, Charlie!

To paraphrase Shelly Berman, "What the hell good is an 811 HD receiver without an HDTV???"

Nick, unless you have something intelligent to say, don't post any replies.

I was just saying that since it comes with a DVI output I would assume they would provide that cable since they provide the component cable to the 6k.

I am not being cheap. I just think DISH should let people know this up front, since I did ask and was told that all cables were included. Thats all.

I did go out and purchase one.

I purchased a DVI-D 3 meter (10") form pccables.com for 23.50 plus shipping. I paid for next day air so that it would get here before my 811 today. I received it yesterday at work -- had gold pin connectors and works extreemly well. :D

I purchased a DVI-D 3 meter (10") from pccables.com for 23.50 plus shipping. I paid for next day air so that it would get here before my 811 today. I received it yesterday at work -- had gold pin connectors and works extreemly well. :D

Looks like my TV has a DVI-D dual plug, and the 811 is a dual, so I bought a single DVI- D cable, will this work? A single can plug into a DVI-D dual?

I'm sure all the DVI female connectors have provisions for every pin possible. The difference is in which pins are connected inside the TV. I'm confident it should work.

Does the 811 manual say anything about DVI cable specs?

What I find odd is my TV's manual says to use a DVI-D Single Link cable, 18+1 pin, but the back of my TV has a DVI-D port with all 24 pins. I have a JVC 48-W30

I hope the 811 is a single link. There is no reason for it to be dual. Single will display up to 1080i.

The cable did plug into the TV just fine though.

Neutron said:
Nick, unless you have something intelligent to say, don't post any replies.

I was just saying that since it comes with a DVI output I would assume they would provide that cable since they provide the component cable to the 6k.

I am not being cheap. I just think DISH should let people know this up front, since I did ask and was told that all cables were included. Thats all.

I did go out and purchase one.

My digital camera didn't come with a USB cable but has a USB port
My printer didn't come with a parallel cable but has a parallel port
My digital camcorder had no firewire cable.
My computer had no microphone, no usb, firewire or ethernet cable but has all those ports.

They have no idea what the user will need 3ft, 6ft 15ft, single or dual link or if even he will have a DVI input on its TV.
Should they waist an expensive cable that won't be used by many just to please a few like you.
I don't think so.

It is normal that the DVI cable is not included. There is nothing to be upset about.

not to mention, not all the HDTVs have DVI input, why the price for everybody should be increased to satisfy a few?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)