No DVR function on 2 new HD locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dreddick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2003
NW Ohio
Strange problem with a 722 and now a replacement 722.

Short version - my HD locals were turned on last week and 2 of the 4 channels (Fox and ABC) do not have DVR functionality.

Long version - I recently started getting intermittent error 311s on my 6 month old 722 and support said this was a hard drive issue and I needed a replacement. Last week I got software version 617 on this unit and the same day my HD locals (Toledo, OH) were turned on. I soon noticed that 2 of these 4 new HD locals had DVR problems. If I hit pause - the screen will pause and the seconds will tick off. If I then take it off of pause these stations jump to live TV. The same if I use the 'jump back' button, it just goes into pause mode and anything I do after that takes me back to live TV. These stations still work fine in SD and OTA, though. Recordings on these stations create files that will not play back - they jump to finished as soon as I attempt to play them. Tech support said this was due to the hard drive problem and should go away when I got my replacement 722...

Hooked up the new 722 today and the same thing happens on these 2 HD locals. Tech support said they will look into it.

Any ideas on this? Seems pretty bizarre.

Thanks - David

I had the problem on one of my hd channels when they first turned them on and after a week or so they fixed it. Try the following address for any audio/video problems : dishquality@echostar.com. IF they can't address it they will pass it on to the tech department and get it fixed. I use it all the time for problems with my channels.

Interesting - this probably isn't DVR related then - I wonder if it is account related or would this be happening to others getting the same HD locals?

Try the email address. It is your best bet in getting the techs and picture quality guys informed and working on your problems on these channels.

Sometime today this was fixed for me. I was told by Dish tech that 'Generally these issues are resolved via software information sent directly to the receiver'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)