No DVR logos on Wally with EHD

Hey man, if you had a stereo record player, especially one with detachable speakers, you were high class. :)

I didn't come onto the scene until 1979, but I did have a record player when I was a kid in the 80's ;)

I remember playing my dad's Billy Joel, Pink Floyd, Midnight Oil and Zepplin LP's all day long back in the day.

Early stereo wasn’t usually mixed very well. You would hear instrumentation on the left and vocals on the right. As JSheridan said, it was cool for the day. When the Beatles put out Sergeant Pepper that all changed.

You guys talking about stereo like it was primitive. My first car had a reverberator, took the mono signal from the dash radio and delayed the signal to the rear speakers.

And wasn’t almost all the Beatles recorded done in mono?
Their early records were available both ways, stereo and mono. Not everyone had stereo capability, kind of like color TV, so you could buy records either way. I happen to own Meet The Beatles in mono and Introducing The Beatles in stereo. They both came out at the same time.

R-833736-1330126205.jpeg.jpg
download.jpeg

Reactions: JSheridan
You guys talking about stereo like it was primitive. My first car had a reverberator, took the mono signal from the dash radio and delayed the signal to the rear speakers.
I had one of those when I was in the Air Force. I remember buying it at Sears in Roswell, NM. I didn't buy it for the car, I converted it for use on my record player in my barracks room. That was a fun experience. I used an adapter to power it from 120vac to 12vdc That worked just fine. The problem was the hum that I got out of the second speaker. I hadn't thought of 60hz issues. So, one more item to add was a 60hz filter. It worked like a charm! To this day I refer to any unanticipated problem as the 60 cycle hum'. Back in those days it was still cycles, not hertz....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts