No Eastern Arc says Dish?

alphageek

Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Virginia
I live near Richmond, VA and have had trees grow up and block my signal. I emailed Dish and asked about an Eastern Arc setup. The tell me it is not available here. :mad:

Are they telling me to switch to somebody else?

Is there anyway to get the eastern arc installed? I think I have seen the antennas around here for other houses.

Sounds like they don't want to pay to do the install . I am sure that you can get a local installer to do the job under your wife's name as a new sub. But you need to check and see where your locals come from. If they are on western arc that is why DISH didn't want to change your configuration. You can always cut the trees down.

You may have just gotten a script reading weekend CSR. Your situation begs calling Dish Customer Loyalty, 1-888-683-6074. Explain your situation. I'll bet they get you fixed up.

I had the same situation because of large trees finally growing to the point that my WA/1000.2 system was not reliable at all. Cutting these huge old trees was NOT an option. My area was not supposed to be EA either but they swapped me out to EA/1000.4 at NO charge & NO commitment. I did lose my SD locals but that was no biggie to me because I have the HD locals from them as well as OTA. If the hadn't swapped me I'd have had no choice but go to cable or possibly Direct.
Good luck!

Ed

I install in the Richmond, VA market (RVA) and we use D1000.4 with most all new connects. The only reason I can think that a CSR may have told you it wouldn't work for you is that ONLY MPEG-4 receivers will work with the .4 dish. So, if you have older model receivers (301, 311, 322, 522, 625, etc), they must be upgraded before they willwork on the Eastern Arc as they are MPEG-2 recivers. Other than that, there is no reason, why EA wouldn't work (unless you have a line of sight issue there too).

Thanks all. I will call them later this week and find out if they can help me out. I have a 622 and a 722, so I think I am good there. I would like to just keep the service I have.

I got the same type of canned response. I have western arc with sd locals. My HD locals are on eastern arc, but they insist that I can't have the eastern arc setup, but I can have a 2nd dish to receive the locals........if I want to sign a new agreement. I haven't really pressed the issue, but I need too.

Just to clarify, is your set up pointed at 129/119/110 with a wing dish pointed at 61.5 for your locals in HD?

My setup is 119/110 with hd coming in at 61.5. I really don't care about losing the locals very much. I actually live outside of Richmond in Fredericksburg, so we get DC locals. I think I am good to go as most of the locals are on the 61.5, but the hardest thing is losing the electronic programming guide. If there was a "hack" to get the week long one instead of the 44 hour one, I probably would not even care about making a change.

My setup is 119/110 with hd coming in at 61.5. I really don't care about losing the locals very much. I actually live outside of Richmond in Fredericksburg, so we get DC locals. I think I am good to go as most of the locals are on the 61.5, but the hardest thing is losing the electronic programming guide. If there was a "hack" to get the week long one instead of the 44 hour one, I probably would not even care about making a change.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the OP already have a dish pointed at EA (61.5) and just needs the dish swapped and re-pointed to pick up 72 and 77?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts