which transponders to use?

mjstraw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
1000.2 receiving 110/119/129

I'd like to take a baseline reading of signal strengths and then compare them with readings over time and during different weather conditions.

Is there a particular transponder for each satellite that is generally accepted as the one to use (for aiming, for example)?

Mark

The older model owners manuals gave one, but I don't know about newer ones. For some reason transponder 9 for 119 sticks in my head.

It use to be 11 & 12 a while back...before alot fo the satellites went spot beam crazy
(this is before 110 had lots of spotbeams and 61.5 & 129 were conus only)

Which transponder should I be using for the following sats:

• 110 - TP 21?
  • 119 - TP 19?
  • 129 - TP 17?
I checked the link above and that's what it would indicate. Though when a (new) technician came by today and grounded my setup he said that TP21 on all three sats would be best. (The signal on TP21 for all three was in the range of 55-60)

I don't really understand the setup, but I'm under that impression that when you do a signal test that you are setting the transponder on the satellite when it gives you the signal level (so you don't want to leave it at a low signal transponder). If that's wrong and the receiver automatically for the best transponder on the satellite, then I probably can ignore all this.

Any help would be great! BTW - I have a 1k2 system, if that matters.

Last edited:
21 would probably work fine to test against. The receiver automatically changes the transponder/satellite anytime you change the channel and/or record something. All the channels are spread out on the various satellites and transponders. Anytime you go into the point dish screen it will be on the transponder/satellite of the last channel you were viewing.

21 would probably work fine to test against. The receiver automatically changes the transponder/satellite anytime you change the channel and/or record something. All the channels are spread out on the various satellites and transponders. Anytime you go into the point dish screen it will be on the transponder/satellite of the last channel you were viewing.
Thanks Digiblur!!!

? Just what I needed ?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUMJCEF9-DI"]YouTube - The Cars Music Video Just what i need[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts