No espn-u? Screw you Charlie!

Sean Mota said:
ESPNU is not compelling to the masses.
Agreed. Amazingly, even ESPN agrees, which is why they allowed DirecTV to sell ESPN-U in the Sports Pack only (not part of TC+). Charlie could easily add this channel (and CSTV) to the Multi-Sport package at a very low cost (ESPN-U is asking 10 cents a sub, can't imagine that CSTV wants much more than that). Those who don't care about sports pay nothing extra.

Apparently 10 cents for a new sports channel is too much for Charlie. :no

jrbdmb said:
Agreed. Amazingly, even ESPN agrees, which is why they allowed DirecTV to sell ESPN-U in the Sports Pack only (not part of TC+). Charlie could easily add this channel (and CSTV) to the Multi-Sport package at a very low cost (ESPN-U is asking 10 cents a sub, can't imagine that CSTV wants much more than that). Those who don't care about sports pay nothing extra.

Apparently 10 cents for a new sports channel is too much for Charlie. :no

10 cents for a sports channel is not bad.

DNSdishdude said:
dude have you noticed that rupert murdock and Charlie are such good friens that murdock would just say oh yeah sure. here have espn-u they hate each other
Were in HELL did you get they were good friends Murdock hates Charlie for trying to buy D* form under him.

You know, for ESPN-U and CSTV not being compelling to the masses, we sure have a lot of people on this forum and other forums who express their interest those channels. It seems to be a subject that comes up over and over again. I understand why they won't make those channels part of top 180 or something, but I guess I don't understand why they wouldn't add it to the multi-sport pack. Even if they had to raise the price to $6.99 instead of $5.99, I'd be happy to pay the extra dollar.

Maybe I don't understand how it works...

I ended up finding a bar with D* that had espn-u. I've noticed pretty much any bar/restaurant/club has d* and not e*. Does charlie just not care about commercial customers? Oh well, instead of watching it on my 10' screen I got to watch it on a bigger one at the bar, but the beers were more expensive :(

Yup, it's amazing E* is only what 2 million behind D*. D* certainly markets their product better, has way less complaining customers, and has a btter name socially

^ D* has 14 million subs not 13 million subs ( E* only as 11 million subs) so D* has 3 not 2 million subs more subs than E*.

Yeah there are lots of people on this forum that went it but how many people does this represent? People seem to forget that the people on this site make up 10% conservatively of the subscriber base for e*, and what the people on this site want may or may not reflect the view of enough people to go for it. Look at how many people have their better half pushing for the oxygen channel, same difference.

I'll get mad when they don't add The Ocho... because you know that one has to be coming soon.

EvilEuro

korsjs said:
10 cents for a sports channel is not bad.
Sometimes I wonder if Charlie has this personality trait that he had to get a "steal" or "get one over" on everything, something he may have picked up from his love of poker. In other words, if ESPN-U was sold to DirecTV for 10 cents a sub, Charlie and his programming VPs will argue forever that they won't pay a penny above 9 cents a sub. With Comcast-Chicago, why start paying for the channel now if we can wait until April and only piss off a few Bulls fans? With a *lot* of RSNs, why not pay less money, even if it means that fans further out (Mets fans in western NY or CT, Dodgers fans in Vegas, Reds fans in Indiana) may be blacked out of games that they are entitles to see? With YES Network, if we can't get a rate that is cheaper that what DirecTV or any of the cable companies pay, then we are not going to carry the channel. With Oxygen, PBS Kids, GoodLife TV, etc. etc. etc.

Damn this gets tiring after awhile. :mad:

Because Charlie's a smart guy and he knew the Bulls were sucking so who wants to see them suck ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)