No future local channel program info

CygnusTM

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
My 501 was replaced with a 522 yesterday. So far most things are great. (Hopefully there will be an update soon that will let me reverse the channel order like on the 501, 301, etc. )

I'm experiencing one big problem, though. There is no program data (i.e. it displays "Info not available") on all my local channels for all but the current and next show. There is the full 9 days of data for all the other channels. This just affects my local channels. It reminds me of the days before the 48-hour guide on the 301, except it never goes to retrieve the missing data like the 301 did.

Any ideas?

My 522 did the same thing when I had it installed. What I did was called Dish and they put me through some very easy checks. I believe what cured the problem was a soft reset.(Receiver on, push power button for 10 seconds and let it re-up itself). The Dish representative also had me go through some other steps. Anyways, if a soft reset doesn't work, call Dish and they will get it updated.

Also, she made sure to let me know that the receiver must be turned off at night to receive guide updates, even if you have auto update checked on the setup.

Hope this helps.............

When that happened to me the Dish Network representative had me go to the dish installation screen and do a check switch. That cause the 522 to re-download the program guide data when that did not work they then had me do the soft reset which did work I am not sure if it required both operations to work or if the soft reset alone will do it.

recording lost on 522

superstations question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts