No Google for the 922 subs?

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Looks like we have got the direct information from the Dish site itself today. Only the following receivers are compatible with the new google box: 622/722/722k.(fine print) So, I guess this confirms what I thought all along. The 922, the cutting edge "Flagship DISH receiver, is a dead end receiver and we that got one got screwed . :mad:

GoogleTV - DISH Network

MikeD-C05 said:
Looks like we have got the direct information from the Dish site itself today. Only the following receivers are compatible with the new google box: 622/722/722k.(fine print) So, I guess this confirms what I thought all along. The 922, the cutting edge "Flagship DISH receiver, is a dead end receiver and we that got one got screwed . :mad:

GoogleTV - DISH Network

I have chatted with Dish tech support 3 times about this they insist it will work with the 922.

I guess DISH isn't up to date on their list of receivers that will work with Google. But if you look at the more information * it shows that only the three receivers , the 622/722/722k will have full advanced dvr integration features. So without the integration you can't get dvr recordings that are indexed and included in the search results. Recordings can't be set from the google search box results. No DISH cinema integration and no access to your dvr recordings in your queue. Pretty much why you would want the google box in the first place.

Last edited:
According to the logitec site the Vip 922 will not intergrate with the 922. you can still get the google player at the reduced price and a two year contract with dish.

Since the 922 will not intergrate with the google box, dish will not get the $4.00 monthly fee from you, and some folks think dish had dollar sense.

That doesn't say the enhanced features work with the 922, and if you click the "more information" link, it says this;
Which Set-top box models support the DISH Network enhanced DVR integration feature?

Supported models include, the DISH Network ViP-722K, ViP-722 and ViP-622.
Revue Customer Care-Answers

Yes but that list makes no sense at all! Look at the supposed HDMI receivers that "work" with the Revue:
Solo 301 / 311 / 381 / 811
Solo ViP 211 / 211k / 411
Duo 322
Duo ViP222
Duo ViP222k

Solo DVR 501 / 508 / 510
Solo DVR 512

Solo DVR ViP612
DuoDVR 522 / 625
DuoDVR ViP622*
DuoDVR ViP722*
Duo DVR ViP722k*
SlingLoaded DVR ViP922
Note that there are no A/V inputs on the Revue; just HDMI. So I am at a loss as to how these "work" with the Revue.

Last edited:
reportedly charlie said on that chat the 922 was underpowered, of course he also said keep sending us your paychecks were expensive and something about drug dealers or something like it.

i didnt see that chat was it ever re run?

I talked today with someone from DISH about GoogleTV... Yes the 922 will work with it.. Although full functionality wont work until the 922 gets a software update and that may not happen before the Revue comes out in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

I talked today with someone from DISH about GoogleTV... Yes the 922 will work with it.. Although full functionality wont work until the 922 gets a software update and that may not happen before the Revue comes out in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

Scott I think everyone understands that the googlebox will work with any hdmi box. Unless dish sends a firmware update that will allow the 922 to allow sling to do the dvr functions. So dish is sending out the firmware needed in the near future or is this just a vague promise.

Update just a few weeks away now. Lets see the Hd media extender was due in July ,then October and now it is just coming SOOOONNN!!! Scott, has DISH decided to change course and move away from Sling products? I am starting to see a pattern here on the 922. Promised updates that never materialize . Features that are in other older vip receivers ,like Archiving to ex.hard drive , that have yet to be added to the 922 . Hd media extender to turn tv 2 into hd , still not made it to market. I sure wish I had listened to you Scott, six months ago when you said that we would be better off with the 722k and a sling box instead of the 922. But the great promises in the CES video from this last year that you showed , made me want this box. I guess the old saying is true:

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Update just a few weeks away now. Lets see the Hd media extender was due in July ,then October and now it is just coming SOOOONNN!!! Scott, has DISH decided to change course and move away from Sling products? I am starting to see a pattern here on the 922. Promised updates that never materialize . Features that are in other older vip receivers ,like Archiving to ex.hard drive , that have yet to be added to the 922 . Hd media extender to turn tv 2 into hd , still not made it to market. I sure wish I had listened to you Scott, six months ago when you said that we would be better off with the 722k and a sling box instead of the 922. But the great promises in the CES video from this last year that you showed , made me want this box. I guess the old saying is true:

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

I am glad I listened. I think the 722K is the best receiver they have ever made. Even though they threw a slow down bug into the last firmware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)