No HD channells. Receiver or dish?

pooler00

Original poster
May 3, 2010
GA
I have a VIP 622 HD receiver and dp plus turbo hd dish. I can get regular channels but no longer HD channels. It started acting up about 2 weeks ago and gradually got to where no HD channels work. I noticed it gets hung up on satellite 129 when acquiring satellites. 110, 119 and 129 all have around 75% signal. 129 is green at 75% and then turns to red and says " wrong sat echostar 110 west but still shows 75%.

Dish tried to tell me it the line in my house. I tested with a toner and multimeter...line is good all the from sat to receiver. I then swap receivers and the other receiver worked just fine, however it is a non HD receiver so it did not completely narrow out which was the problem...the receiver or the dish.

I called dish and told them I swapped receivers and the other receiver worked just fine. At that point I did not know it was only HD channels not working. If I accept the new receiver and they dont find anything wrong with the old, there is a clause stating Im responsible for the full amount of the new receiver. I called them back to ask more questions and they said it was too late the other receiver has already been sent.

I would like to do some more troubleshooting to try and determine if it may be the dish that has something wrong with the HD portion before the receiver arrives.

Im fairly mechanically and electrically inclined, however, my knowledge of LNBs is 0 from 1-10.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

In general, the non-HD receiver should still be able to tell you if it can "see" all three sats. If it can, then your 622 went bad. Which SD receiver do you have? If it's a dual-tuner receiver, then that's even a better test since it can verify the DishPro Plus switch in your Dish LNB assembly.

In general, the non-HD receiver should still be able to tell you if it can "see" all three sats. If it can, then your 622 went bad. Which SD receiver do you have? If it's a dual-tuner receiver, then that's even a better test since it can verify the DishPro Plus switch in your Dish LNB assembly.

I was just playing with dish pointing. The 622 was giving me real inconsistent results. The other receiver (non hd) was giving consistent results and sees all 3 satellites.

It is a dual tuner. When I run a check switch, input 1 stays on 1 of 4, while input 2 runs right through.

Its looking more and more like the receiver. The only way it will pick up even regular channels is to go from input 1 on dpp separator to input 2 on the reciever. Odd. The other receiver goes from dpp separator 1 to receiver 1 and dpp 2 to receiver 2.

I even swapped the separators to see if that had something to do with it. Same results on both.

It is a dual tuner. When I run a check switch, input 1 stays on 1 of 4, while input 2 runs right through.
The SD receiver is a dual-tuner receiver? Which model is it? Your second clause is presumably describing what you see on the 622.
Its looking more and more like the receiver. The only way it will pick up even regular channels is to go from input 1 on dpp separator to input 2 on the reciever. Odd. The other receiver goes from dpp separator 1 to receiver 1 and dpp 2 to receiver 2.
Everything is bandstacked these days. The separator will split out the upper band and (normally) send that to tuner 2. This means that if you lose high frequencies for some reason, then your tuner 1 should still work but tuner 2 will not see anything. I don't think those are the symptoms that you describe, but these symptoms do seem pretty bizarre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts