No HD channels but have HD DVR?

VaDavid

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
I was going to cancel the HD channels that i get since i dont even have a high def tv yet so i called dish and they said since i have a HD DVR if i don't get any HD channels i will be charged $7 I didnt ask if it was monthly i guess it is.

WTF is this ture?

I have already tired to get rid of a DVR i dont want and never use but i would have to pay them to downgrade.

Dish has so many b/s fees.

Non HD DVR'S

I was going to cancel the HD channels that i get since i dont even have a high def tv yet so i called dish and they said since i have a HD DVR if i don't get any HD channels i will be charged $7 I didnt ask if it was monthly i guess it is.

WTF is this ture?

I have already tired to get rid of a DVR i dont want and never use but i would have to pay them to downgrade.

Dish has so many b/s fees.
They figure that if you wanted a SD DVR then you should have gotten just an SD DVR. So they are charging you for getting a piece of equipment that could have gone to someone that has HD. Thing is if you have the HD DVR you are getting channels that are not available to SD subs. Also you will see a better pic on the HD channels even w/ the SD TV. You also have access to OTA digital channels that you can't get w/ a SD receiver.

They figure that if you wanted a SD DVR then you should have gotten just an SD DVR. So they are charging you for getting a piece of equipment that could have gone to someone that has HD. Thing is if you have the HD DVR you are getting channels that are not available to SD subs. Also you will see a better pic on the HD channels even w/ the SD TV. You also have access to OTA digital channels that you can't get w/ a SD receiver.
Not to mention the premium HD channels that are not a part of any of the HD packages.

How does the OTA work on it? Does it have the built in tuner to recice OTA if i plug in a antenna?

Isn't $7 the new monthly DVR fee?
So, are they really charging you extra or are they just trying to say you'll still have the DVR fee (which makes sense).

Although I think non HD DVR's have slightly lower monthly DVR fee (by $1 I think) - don't have whole silly thing committed to memory...

The $7 is the enabling fee that gives you use of the OTA tuner since you don't have a base hd package. I would just pay the $10 for HD essentials and get the hd version of any channels you do subscribe to along with the OTA

Thats neat! How do i get to the channels once i plug in my antenna? I never have seen it in the menu.

Go to MENU--6--9 and scan locals. They'll be added to your guide & if you get locals through Dish you'll get the programming info as well. Sign up for the DVR Advantage Plan & your locals & DVR fee will be included, saves ya about $5 @ month. If you don't get locals through Dish the channel #s will still be in the guide from OTA but you won't have any programming info.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts