No HD, Dropping my package levels

wileadams

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Greenwood, Indiana
Until DISH decides to add some more HD content at any of their satellite locations, I have decided to drop my package levels. I went down to AT120 and also dropped down to just HBO and Showtime. Are others doing this?

-Wil

I went more drastic than that to get some more HDTV at a more reasonable price w\o having to have an outdoor antennna. After 7 years with DISH - sold out to The PIG (Comcast) - I was paying $39'.99 a month to DISH for their 120 Pack w\o HDTV. The PIG took my Dish and 508 for ONE Year of their Silver Package (includes HBO) 8 Channels of HD and an HDTV Receiver - for $38.26 a month. A year from now after this deal has expired I will no doubt be going back to a SAT - OR - at least dropping Comcast Silver which is normally $67xx w\o HD.

BEST Wishes I've been PIGGED! :p

Compared to most cable companies, Dish's HD offering is pathetic. I sold my 811 on ebay and just went with a 508 DVR for now. For now, I have to sit idly by while my friend brags about how many new HD channels he gets all the time with Time Warner. Bastard!

I have the DishHD pack only, I can't stand their fuzzy, overcompressed SD channels. They look much better on Voom.

Im keeping mine! I just got everything installed today so far so good! I like the HDTV progrmaing they have now due to there are things on there I like to watch. I never get miove channels due to they show the samething and the moives been out on DVD for months. Folks should know that DVD titles come out every Tuesday of the month soe if there is something comeing out that week I want to see I just go rent it. If I like it well enough then sometime I will buy it. Here is a good link that will show you what is coming out http://www.joblo.com/dvd/releasedates.htm Voom is ok but to me they dont carry all of the SD channels cant get local's plus they charge you a fee for their HD receiver and if you want another basic receiver then you get hit big time for that. Yes they might have more HD stuff but in 2006 all Tv's will be HD and more companys will start broadcasting in HD due to FCC. So point is all companys like Dish,Dircet so on will have more HD due to all networks befor to long will half to start broadcasting in HD! :)

wileadams said:
Until DISH decides to add some more HD content at any of their satellite locations, I have decided to drop my package levels. I went down to AT120 and also dropped down to just HBO and Showtime. Are others doing this?
-Wil
We dropped the HD Pack months ago. It certainly wasn't worth the extra $10. However, we were already on AT120. AT180 was never worth the additional $10 to us, either. We even dropped the "Value Pack , which wasn't even worth the measly $3, going with HBO only.
If you really like movies, I suggest a NetFlix subscription, instead of Dish premiums (unless it's the original programming you are after, like we are with HBO.) You see what you want, when you want it, with much better PQ than Dish's premiums. Plus, you get all the DVD special features.

I have my 6000 connected to a DISH system with no subscription,and a OTA antenna. I get more HDTV for less cost, but basically content S**KS. Football is coming in a little over a month though.

I pay Dish $17/month for the HDPack & warranty. I pay Voom $64/month for 2 stb's, their base package and I watch Dish 90% of the time. HDNET & HDNET Movies has really improved their content lately and those 2, along with DiscoveryHD constitute the majority of my viewing habits, and DiscHD looks better on Dish than on Voom (not much, but enought to justify watching from Dish).

My local Cox offers less HD than Dish and the only HD local that Cox has is PBS. My 811 gets HD PBS, CBS, NBC, and Fox widescreen OTA. Add Dish HD package and HBO gives me a pretty good HD package compared to what Cox offers.

My local cable company (Comporium) has much less HD, is even less responsive to customer wishes in regard to adding channels, has fewer services, and costs a whole lot more than Dish. Oh yeah...their equipment rarely works (so if you GET HD, it likely won't come in anyways)...and their top level support folks make Dish's CSRs look like geniuses.

Can you tell I dont think much of them?

I dont mean to be rude or anything but what do you expect for $10 a month for the hd? Im coming from voom where it costs $15 every pack you add on and they have nothing even close to the quality of like hdnet. I cant wait to get dish i'll be glad to pay that :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)