No HD Movies on MaxHDWest?

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
Noticed on the PG that the little "HD" symbol never shows up for any movies on MaxHDwest, yet these same movies on MaxHDEast 3 hours earlier all have the "HD" symbol in the pg for exact same movies, just 3 hours earlier. What gives? Does this mean that when these movies are shown on MaxHDEast they are in HD and when they are shown on MaxHDWest they are upconverted?

eschu97611 said:
Noticed on the PG that the little "HD" symbol never shows up for any movies on MaxHDwest, yet these same movies on MaxHDEast 3 hours earlier all have the "HD" symbol in the pg for exact same movies, just 3 hours earlier. What gives? Does this mean that when these movies are shown on MaxHDEast they are in HD and when they are shown on MaxHDWest they are upconverted?

No it just means that the PG is wrong. This PG comes from Zap2it. If you check zap2it it shows the same thing. I have e-mailed them about the PG being wrong in a lot of places. Please e-mail them about this as well. I will encourage everyone to do that as well

Sean Mota said:
No it just means that the PG is wrong. This PG comes from Zap2it. If you check zap2it it shows the same thing. I have e-mailed them about the PG being wrong in a lot of places. Please e-mail them about this as well. I will encourage everyone to do that as well

thanx sean, i will-good to know that MaxHDWest is showing some HD programming and not just "upconverts."

So I'm curious...
If it's true HD, that should be pretty obvious, no? I can certainly tell the difference in what I see on my set.

Lob

Lobstah said:
So I'm curious...
If it's true HD, that should be pretty obvious, no? I can certainly tell the difference in what I see on my set.

Lob

Yes, it should be. But there are some upconvert (like Chicago from Starz-HD) that looked quite good but not True HD.

Sean Mota said:
Yes, it should be. But there are some upconvert (like Chicago from Starz-HD) that looked quite good but not True HD.

Still not convinced movies on this feed are true hd-all look like upconverts to me-while same flicks look hd to me when supposed to be according to guide

Guide never says "HD" for any movies on MaxHd west-just a pg problem-convince me!!!

eschu97611 said:
Still not convinced movies on this feed are true hd-all look like upconverts to me-while same flicks look hd to me when supposed to be according to guide

Guide never says "HD" for any movies on MaxHd west-just a pg problem-convince me!!!

Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets is playing right now and it does not look like an upconvert. Too many details on the picture to be an upconvert.

Sean Mota said:
Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets is playing right now and it does not look like an upconvert. Too many details on the picture to be an upconvert.

Why hasn't Zapit fixed the onscreen Guide then for Voom?-seems pretty lax on their part-coincidence or fact-not full HD on MaxHD West? HMMMMMMMM

I urge everyone to email them. See this thread that was started Send an email to zap2it to fix the PG in VOOM

The problem like Cinemax-HD West with no HD designation.
The problem with WorldSport where they do not display the live games and do not tell you which games are new. They also have the wrong guide data for the channel.
Epics-HD again wrong guide data.
There is no designation "premiere" to know that the series or program airs for the first time on the channel.
The information on the programs is lacking. There's got to be more.

Follow the link above and I urge everyone to email them and put pressure on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)