No HDMI signal to DTVs

tidalwave

Mar 7, 2005
I have two VIP211 units...component and standard video output feeds work ok.
However the HDMI ports do not seem to actually feed a digital output.
The VIP211 units are connected to a Samsung HDTV and a Sony HDTV, both
with HDMI input ports. But neither TV has any HDMI video input signal from the 211 units! I have switched HDMI cables, units and TVs with no results.

Is there a 'soft switch' in the VIP211 setup which enables/disables HDMI signal output?

If one 211 unit fed HDMI and the other did not...I would assume that there was a hardware problem with the one unit...but since neither have HDMI output...I am wondering if there is a switch setting.

no HDMI signal problem on VIP222K

I've just got my vip222K receiver with my dish network and HDMI connection does not work. The technician said it might be because my hdmi cable is too long. The cable is 25 feet long, going from my Samsung TV to my control closet. Is there any problem length limitation for hdmi and receiver? I used to have timewarner cable and I had no problem with it. Both direct hdmi connection and connection through harman/kardon AVR 247 does not work. Any suggestions? Thanks

25 feet is not a problem with HDMI. I have used a 100' cable on two occasions (one at my house and one at my parents house) with no issues at all. Are you sure that you are on the right HDMI input on the TVs?

My VIP211 was just replaced for failed HDMI output. The composite and VHF video outputs worked but the HDMI failed after a few months.

Got a new one in the box here the arrived yesterday.

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)