No Indy 500 in HD?!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zaydon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Whats wrong with ABC? HDnet shows things like the IRL Portland 250 in HD and ABC can't show their biggest race of the year in HD? Why am I paying extra for about 5 HD channels and the mirror costs when most of these networks are still not moving fast enough to provide HD content?
This coupled with the Sunday Ticket "Tax" on HD is totally pissing me off. I'm thinking about not renewing Sunday Ticket and then getting my HD from Comcast. At least I'll get all four Networks in HD and not have to pay as much.

Is ABC producing the race in HD? If not, then your DBS provider has absolutely NO control over that; and your OTA affiliate & cable company wouldn't have it either. So what's the beef? Complain to/about ABC not your DBS provider while trying to promote cable as the better option.

And the original message was not complaining that DBS did not have it.. that ABC did not and was not providing big programming in HD to DBS that he is paying for.

I think ABC blew this one big time. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

Although he started off 100% correct about ABC the remaining 95% of his point was griping about the new NFL sunday Ticket costs and "I'm thinking about not renewing Sunday Ticket and then getting my HD from Comcast. At least I'll get all four Networks in HD and not have to pay as much."

I LOOKS like he came here to promote Comcast cable as the option that would have given him what he wanted, when it wouldn't.

I also agree ABC screwed up, but let's leave it all there.

Look, I'm no idiot, I understand the difference between what the network is providing and what the service provider is showing. My point exactly, why do I pay DTV for this crap when the Networks can't get their crap together and provide content? My HD channels are collecting dust. My second point, I can get all four networks in HD with comcast and I can't with DTV today. My third point, I think I can get all four networks in HD on comcast for less than DTV. (I'm not 100% sure, but will check on Tuesday) Finally, $300+ for the NFL is stupid. When it was ~ $130 that was fine. But, its gotten out of control. My team will be on ABC/ESPN about three times this year, plus 2 to 3 other times per year on OTA "Game of the Week". To pay $30x10 for the NFL at home is out of control. For $30, I can go to my local sports bar have 3 adult beverages and breakfast with enough for a tip.

I live between Waco and Austin, Tx and I do watch OTA the Indy500 in HD. channel# 025-01 KXXV. The quality could be better for sure.
Matt :)

Hmm, none of the guides list it as HD and I'm watching on DTV channel 87 ABC-W HD out of LA. Its definately in 480. You might be watching on a HD channel, but I can almost promise its not in HD.

It was definatly in SD...... ABC can't seem to produce decent anything in HD.

Disappointed by ABC!

Just got my first HDTV and set it up Thursday morning and in the afternoon had my H10 hooked up plus some other work done by Directv. 100% signal OTA from my nearest ABC station 56 miles away and then ABC doesn't have the big race on HD! Shame on you ABC! Well anyway the NASCAR Coca Cola 600 will be on Fox in twenty minutes or so and it will be HD and I'll be happy again :) .

BTW: DTV still doesn't carry TNT in HD so we can't watch the NBA eastern conf finals in HD. Looks like comcast carries it. Just another reason to dump DTV HD besides the $99 increase in ST. Why does DTV have the bandwidth to carry YES games in HD just for the NY market and doesn't have the bandwidth to add TNT HD for national interest games?

For Sure!
NO TNT HD on D* is a slap in the face...........
and ABC.....you idiots!
the BIGGEST race of the Year and no HD.............. that's just wrong

Because,the world revolves around New York City,or it does in the minds of TV execs at least.

zaydon said:
BTW: DTV still doesn't carry TNT in HD so we can't watch the NBA eastern conf finals in HD. Looks like comcast carries it. Just another reason to dump DTV HD besides the $99 increase in ST. Why does DTV have the bandwidth to carry YES games in HD just for the NY market and doesn't have the bandwidth to add TNT HD for national interest games?

It's not just the "YES" games in HD that got me ticked off it was all the other regional sports HD games that were popping up, but no new national HD or my RSN HD games. I'm starting to get used to the 6412 from Comcast.

It was a sin that the Indy 500 was not in HD. It would had been great
to have seen Danica Patrick in HD. It was a Hell of a race.It would had
been a great opportunity for ABC but they screwed it up. See you next year
Danica hopefully in HD!

ArtWIS said:
Just got my first HDTV and set it up Thursday morning and in the afternoon had my H10 hooked up plus some other work done by Directv. 100% signal OTA from my nearest ABC station 56 miles away and then ABC doesn't have the big race on HD! Shame on you ABC! Well anyway the NASCAR Coca Cola 600 will be on Fox in twenty minutes or so and it will be HD and I'll be happy again :) .

The NASCAR race on Fox was AWESOME!! They also do the surround sound and have a little "Crank It Up" promo that tells you that it IS in 5.1 and to go ahead and crank it. They did it just as they went from yellow to green and the cars come right into a camera mounted on a turn and the roar of the engines ramp up. It is pretty great!!! Fox is the king of HD.

Pete In Plano said:
The NASCAR race on Fox was AWESOME!! They also do the surround sound and have a little "Crank It Up" promo that tells you that it IS in 5.1 and to go ahead and crank it. They did it just as they went from yellow to green and the cars come right into a camera mounted on a turn and the roar of the engines ramp up. It is pretty great!!! Fox is the king of HD.

Yup Fox does a great job with the races and put ABC to shame! The Memorial Day ceremonies on Fox we're very well planned and performed and the little ABC did in this regard wasn't much! Fox blew ABC away with their regular features like split screens, crank it up, GOOD announcers etc. I see the NASCAR race is on FX next week. Do they broadcast it also on Fox HD or are we out of luck next week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)