No Info Available on Guide

fatpug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Here
My 722 has No Info Available on the guide staring in around 1 hours for all channels. I unplugged the receiver and plugged it back it. It showed the gauge on the screen that said it was loading data.

I also tried to move to the right in the guide. It prompted me to load guide data and I said yes. It still did not correct the guide.

Do you have any suggestions to correct this?

Thanks

Last edited:
Run a check switch to force a download.

Menu
System Setup
Installation
Point Dish
Check Switch
Test

Wait for test

Then exit all the way out. I usually cancel all the way out and then it should start back up and force it to download program guide

I've been having a similar problem every couple days on my 722. If I look at the timer schedule, all events show "No Info Available." (Of course the Guide says this also, about an hour or two beyond the present time.)

Doing a Check Switch and re-downloading the Program Guide takes care of the problem every time, but a day and a half or two days later, the problem shows up again. This has been going on for a couple weeks now and is getting pretty annoying. The timers fire for every episode (including old ones) and run extra long, so there are lots of conflicts when this occurs.

I've tried doing a soft reset and also unplugging for a few minutes. I'm seeing no other symptoms besides the guide problem. In the past, I thought this could be the result of "bad" or corrupt guide data, but I haven't seen others complaining about the problem this time. Also, I wouldn't expect bad guide data to be prevalent over such a long period of time.

Any other suggestions of ideas before I escalate this problem to Dish and perhaps replace it? Is this indicative of a hard drive issue? I just have a hard time believing that because all other functions seem to be working flawlessly.

Thanks for your time!

(bump)

No comments or ideas? I'm using a 1000.4 dish looking at the Eastern Arc with a Dish 500 on the wing looking at 119.

Do you think this is a receiver or LNBF issue? It seems weird that the only problem I'm having has to do with the guide.

(bump)

No comments or ideas? I'm using a 1000.4 dish looking at the Eastern Arc with a Dish 500 on the wing looking at 119.

Do you think this is a receiver or LNBF issue? It seems weird that the only problem I'm having has to do with the guide.

Try disconnecting the wing. Maybe some sw update farkled the previous coexistence.

I suppose I would have to do that at the dish? (It's on a high roof.)

I still use the wing for AAD Distants.