No Info Available

rvalip

Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
I am having a problem with my 322 receiver. On only ONE channel, Channel 57 WCVW (local channel here in VA), the guide data keeps disappearing. The data will be there, but a few hrs later when I check it and scroll the data is missing and it just says "no info available".
I had a tech come out who checked the dish and wiring and said that was fine so he replaced the box with a new one, but the problem still persists. If I run a check switch and do the test it will re-download the data and fill it all back in, but a few hrs later it is gone again. I turn it off each night for guide data download and it is hooked to a phone line. I don't have the problem with the guide data disappearing on my dvr box, just this one. Does it sound like a software bug for the 322? Why would just one channels guide data keep disappearing?

its not a bad barrel splice because then all your channels would do the same thing

It almost sounds like a glitch in the box itself

Well, this is the second box it's happening on, they swapped it out to see if that would fix it, so it's not the box. Unless it's the software on the box, but then I would think (hope) this would be a known issue.

I've seen bad barrel splices cause all kinds of weird troubles. Sometimes it only affects a few frequencies. I see from the uplink report that WCVW is on TP 23 on the 110 satellite so the OP should check for stable signal on that transponder. Also the physical channel is 9392 so he could check and see if it is coming in on that channel, indicating a mapdown problem.

Try putting the DVR in place of the 322 and see if it indicates the same behavior. Put the 322 where the DVR is and see if it will hold guide data for that channel in that location.

"I see from the uplink report that WCVW is on TP 23 on the 110 satellite so the OP should check for stable signal on that transponder. Also the physical channel is 9392 so he could check and see if it is coming in on that channel, indicating a mapdown problem."

For that channel on transponder 23 the signal strength bounces from 35 to 36 to 37 and back and forth, it is in the green the whole time though. Also, I checked this on the DVR box that never loses the data and it bounces the same on that box as well, so I guess that may not be it. Channel 9392 has the same problem with the "no info available" on the 322.

that seems ungodly low for that transponder considering its a local for you. Sounds like the dish might not be peaked properly

Yeah, the installer said the 500 signal menu is "condensed" and you can normally add 60 to the number so it's probably closer to 97. I really am at wits end for this problem.

I have seen bad barrels cause just a few frequencys to be lost but the other channels were fine just like Vegas said. However in this cause I would agree with Iceberg, even with the new signal meter that is way low. My 110/23 was in the 90s. I think your dish needs to be repeaked.

Update: Found a neighbor of mine who had Dish so I asked them about this, they too have the 322 receiver and agreed to keep an eye on it for me and they also noticed this issue. I guess it's a software glitch or programming problem for that receiver and that channels data. Doesn't make much sense, but it has to be something if it's happening for both of us right?

This may be unrelated, but sometime today my 622 lost all its locals. By "lost" I mean they didn't even show up in the guide. I rebooted it and they came back, but the guide data for them is only filling in half an hour ahead of the actual time, and none of my timers for locals work. (The timers are still present in the timers list, which was a welcomed surprise since the channels disappeared completely, but they don't recognize any of the shows that appear one at a time as matching.) I'm hoping this fixes itself overnight.

Also, for some reason I can't scroll forward in time on the guide on a local channel. Any other time there's a block of "no info available" on a channel, I can scroll through it. Somehow this "no info available" is different than the "no info available" when there just happens to be no program description in an isolated instance.

I am having the same problem with my DVR 625. Guide for some Chicago channels (PBS stations mainly, not the networks) shows only one hour of programing. All other times show (No Info Available). I did a unplug reset, Down loaded updates a couple of times with no change. The problem channels are on Sat 110 TP31, but some of the channels with no Guide problems are also on Sat110 TP31.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)