No Info Available

XorCist

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
Hey all, just got home from work, and getting lots of channels saying no info available. None of my afternoon sports talk shows recorded, all the items scheduled on the dvr are no info available. Reset the receiver, still shows the same thing. What do I do?

check switch forces the receiver to check all satellite locations that you have set up

menu 6-1-1 then look for "SWITCH CHECK". If you press it, it shows the satellite setup you have. Once its done it forces the receiver to download the guide

I know this is a noob question, but what is a "check switch"!?

thanks a ton!

Mocheesehead

Your satellite dish is designed to see anywhere from 2-4 satellites.

A 'Check Switch' is a command you send to the receiver for it to run a test to see what type of switch it is hooked to, and which satellites it "sees".

You reach that test (on most Dish receivers) by pressing menu/6/1/1, then checking the 'Check Switch' option on the right selection tree.

It will send you to another page and if you slide to the left and click on 'Test' it will run that check switch.

And as Scott has shown, it ofttimes cures many ills. :D

Having the same issue. Did a check switch and even a hard reboot but still no luck. I also noticed that I have zero DVR capability. Any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts