No info until Feb. 1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ikuras

Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
First let me say hello! Glad to be a part of the board. I called DN last week and spoke to a CSR about upgrading from the 811 to the 211 and she said hold on let me check with someone.
She came back to the phone and said because I had not had my HD package for 1 year I would not be able to upgrade until July:eek:
I called again tonite and was told right off the bat that no info was being given out on upgrades until Feb 1! Sounds like Charlie told everyone to zip it up:confused:
My Theater Setup
Hitachi 60V500E HD LCD TV
Infocus Screenplay 4800 DLP Projector
Da-lite 100 Inch Screen
Dish 811 HD Receiver
Technics SA-AX810 Receiver
Technics SH-AC500D 5.1 Dts Digital Sound Processor
Sony DVP-CX985P 400 capacity DVD-CD Player
Pyramid SEA-8600 Equalizer
Technics SA-GX500 Amp for bass shakers
Sony SL-HF450 Super-Beta Hi-Fi (Yes Beta and it still works after 20 years!)
JVC HR-D870U Stereo Vhs
Cyberhome CH-DVR 1500 Digital Video Recorder DVD
KLH ASW10-120B Subwoofer
Cerwin-Vega Speaker System
Lutron Remote Controlled Recessed Theater Lighting System
Aura Bass Shakers
Sony RM-AV2100 Intgrated Remote Control

Hd

I'm interested in upgrading also. Do you lease the 811? I currently lease one 811 and own a second 811. Is there any word of an upgrade cost if you exchange your leased 811? I see you have the 4800 projector. I have the X1 and I love that baby.

I called twice today and was told to call back on Feb. 1st the first time. The second time was told that the 211s were available through local retailers as of Jan. 15th. I called the number the CSR gave me for the local retailer and he had no clue what I was talking about.

I know that we're not supossed to call but just wanted to hear what they had to say.

Ikuras said:
First let me say hello! Glad to be a part of the board. I called DN last week and spoke to a CSR about upgrading from the 811 to the 211 and she said hold on let me check with someone.
She came back to the phone and said because I had not had my HD package for 1 year I would not be able to upgrade until July:eek:

Further evidence that the 811's and 942's aren't going to be obsolete as some people have said.

There are far too many contracts that are still in a 12 to 18 month commitment period. Unless E* wants a huge lawsuit on their hands they have to either 1) provide a free upgrade or 2) allow for those people to get the programming that they are paying for.

Since I don't see MPEG-4 being completely rolled out for awhile I think they'll go with #2. However if people want UHD and ESPN2-HD that badly I'm sure they'll accommodate you with a pricier version of the upgrade.

If you are leasing your 811 and you want to upgrade it, then you will fall under the "dish'n it up" program and that only lets you upgrade your equipment 1 time a year (12 months)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)