No Local Channels?

jonrho64

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
Ohio
I received great info here earlier today and found I had my dish pointed to the wrong sat. I have that corrected and have good signal (65 to 70) on 119 and (60 to 65) on 110. I have a twin LNB and a 211 receiver. For some reason I get all channels except for the locals. It goes to searching for sat signal screen on the local channels. does my LNB have something to do with it? or is my aim still off enough not to pick them up? Any help is appreciated!

Bainbridge Ohio..... at home I have 110, 119, amd 129. This is a new receiver and dish at a cabin.... which is still in ohio but about 30 miles from my home

I think I did that.... I went to system info, it ran a test and 110, 119 went green and said ok..... 129 was blank unerneath it.

Yes, so it sounds. Is there a second dish at the cabin pointed to 129? Or what dish- one that supports 110 119 129? If it's 2 500s, what yoke is being used? Which LNBs?

few ways to do it

-move the D500 from 110/119 to 119/129. This gains the locals and HD but loses any channels on 110. What package do you have?

-get a D1000.2 or 1000

what kind of LNB is on there now? I assume its dishpro? (does it say "DP" on the LNB?) or is it DishProPlus?

You could always just add a dual LNB to the side of the existing Twin with a hoseclamp. Thats what I did a while back when 129 first came out...ghetto rig. My specialty :)

Attachments

• IM000353.JPG
    IM000353.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IM000354.JPG
    IM000354.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 86
Thanks to both of you Iceberg and Navychop.... Well being the amateur I am I know I have a Twinn DPP LNB with a dish 500 dish. The LNB has 2 connections on the 119 side and one on the 110 side. As for the yoke it fits on the arm with 2 small screws on each side. I have a single RG6 cable hooked to the 119 side then to the receiver. Sorry so naive, but I am learning alot on here!

Thanks to both of you Iceberg and Navychop.... Well being the amateur I am I know I have a Twinn DPP LNB with a dish 500 dish. The LNB has 2 connections on the 119 side and one on the 110 side. As for the yoke it fits on the arm with 2 small screws on each side. I have a single RG6 cable hooked to the 119 side then to the receiver. Sorry so naive, but I am learning alot on here!

oh ok...what package do you have with dish? If you dont mind not getting some channels off 110 like I mentioned you can move the dish to 119/129 and get the HD and your locals

10-4.. should I just get a new dish and correct LNB for this then or can I just get a new LNB and will I need more than 1 RG6 cable to hook it up?

honestly if you are handy, get a DP single or DUAL. Its 1/2 the size of the Twin you have

The DPPTwin has a 3rd port which is an input so you can hook a cable from the output of the dual or single to the DPPTwin...reason I say if you are handy, you may not need the 2nd dish and just hoseclamp it like I did above

Otherwise you can get a 2nd D500 with a dual or singal or just get a D1000.2 which has all 3 sats

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts