No Locals in HD????

str8poolbanger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Johnstown, PA
So i get my 811 installed...and the tech tells me that i need an OAA to receive my locals.......i only wanted pretty much my locals in HD due to the fact the 10 bucks a month was pretty steep for like 6 channels of which only ESPNHD i would watch. My fiance who watching alot of ABC, NBC, and CBS,which is why i was concerned about locals in HD. Whats the deal here i assume that I got hustled by E* and will still need an ANT to get OTA for my locals? Please advice.

-Dave

Yes, you need an over the air ant to recive hd locals... Its like that with any sat company. If you live in a market that is Owned by Cbs you can get Cbshd through dish. with that addition of another dish pointing at 61.5. (it would be like 100 bucks or so to add that dish unless you have locals on 61.5 then its free if you request your locals from that location) If your in a superdish market then Its gonna cost you 200 for the switch, dish, and installation.. If you decided to go for cbs hd on 61.5 and you qualify for it, it would also give you the potental to add voom hd (10 channels of hd for 5 bucks a month) thats pritty much the lowdown..

Of course with an antenna, you will only get those HD locals that are available in your area / within range of whatever antenna you use.

An indoor antenna can usually pull in stations that are within 15-25 miles of your home, more if you are lucky with a good line of sight. Otherwise you may be looking at outdoor options, or perhaps even be unable to get all networks in HD.

The good news is that if you are within range, that the pictures will be excellent. No snow or distorted images.

I'd be surprised if anyone actually stated that you would be able to get HD locals from Dish. I've never seen anything from Dish or heard anything from a local installer stating this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)