No locals via Dish in Tulsa. No hope for them in the future

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It will work, but you run the risk of overloading the tuner, then you won't get anything. I have used an adjustable amp before, then you can back it back down if it starts overloading the tuner.

I assume being in an apartment that you are using an indoor antenna, I have actually had the best luck using a twenty year old set of unamplified rabbit ears. My step sister lives in an apartment at 61st and Memorial and this old set gets everything, but it takes a lot of moving around the first time until you find the sweet spot.

It won't help with the dish receiver, but if you have cox internet and your tv tuner has a qam tuner in it, then the HD Locals are in the clear along with a few national hd channels with the Cox internet service. I have my cable line split to my modem and to my Sony HD Dvr as it has both a digital OTA and qam tuner in it.

i have my ota diplexed out so it is on my patio. i have tried several types of antennas, all with the same results. the best reception i have gotten has been with that ugly 2x4 and coathanger contraption i learned how to make on youtube. i will see what i can do about getting a variable rate amp for the ota. thanks for the advice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)