No longer RESUME on H3?

Brian Rowe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Alabama
So the struggles continue with the H3 and my wife. She was watching a recorded show this morning, accidentally hit the remote, and when she went back to recall, there was no option to resume where she left off. This is not good. Are there plans to fix this?

There's no 'Resume' if you started watching the show while it was still recording. The Hoppers have always been like that. If you have a suggestion for a change you should probably send a message to DISH via DIRT.

There's no 'Resume' if you started watching the show while it was still recording. The Hoppers have always been like that. If you have a suggestion for a change you should probably send a message to DISH via DIRT.
Ran into that many times.... Very annoying. I can't say with 100% certainty, but I seem to recall that the VIP DVRs and even the 522/625 could do it.

Ran into that many times.... Very annoying. I can't say with 100% certainty, but I seem to recall that the VIP DVRs and even the 522/625 could do it.

I agree it would be nice if the Resume was always there. Don't remember about the VIP's and 625 but I bet charlesrshell will remember. :)

When I had a 722 and a 622, I could not resume a show that was still recording while I watched it. At some point when I had a Hopper, they added the ability to do this, but it did not work consistently.

Reactions: thomasjk
So the struggles continue with the H3 and my wife. She was watching a recorded show this morning, accidentally hit the remote, and when she went back to recall, there was no option to resume where she left off. This is not good. Are there plans to fix this?

Noticed this as well and most likely this is a bug that will get fixed. When you accidentally hit the remote and the recording playback stops. You should be able to use the recall button (or go to the DVR list), select the recording you were watching then start right where you were at. Maybe 5 or 10 seconds ahead, but still not having to start from the beginning.

There are a few Dish employees with influence who are reading through these posts, so it's likely that bugs of all sizes will at least be seen and brought back to the engineers to look into.

Actually for me the resume button is there if the show is still recording when you go back to it. It was that way on a 625, 722, and still is that way on my HWS software version S529. It is when the recording is complete and you go back to it, the resume button is missing and you have to start over. I tested it a couple of days ago and the issue is still there. Maybe it has changed for the new GUI and Hopper 3. I read in a post long time ago when I noticed this issue back in 2007 that the resume issue was probably because DISH was in a lawsuit with TIVO. The issue is still there even though the lawsuit is complete now.

Re-read what I wrote. Didn't say "recording" said "recorded". You cant resume watching a show like you can with the previous hopper.

Reactions: Tron2012
Re-read what I wrote. Didn't say "recording" said "recorded". You cant resume watching a show like you can with the previous hopper.

Reading your post once was more than enough. And yes you most definitely can 'Resume'. Doing it right now.

U303 has solved this problem.
The problem is on the Hopper 3 there is no option to resume if a recording is still in progress. If the recording is completed you can resume but if the recording is still in progress no resume option is available. The resume option on recordings still in progress is available on the Hopper 2. I hope this will be fixed soon on the Hopper 3. I have U304 and there is still no option to resume watching a recording that is still in progress of recording.

Hopefully this can be fixed before the college basketball tournament in March. Because the ability to resume recordings still in progress is necessary in order to switch watching between games that are recording in the college basketball tournament. Especially when using manual record to record all the games all day on four different channels.

Last edited:
I always watched the "recording", not the live feed. That way you can Pause and Resume as you desire,

Reactions: Bobby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)