No longer supporting vacation homes?

You can call your retailer to come look, you can justify it as you are wisely spending money. In the end, it is stealing a scrambled signal not meant to be seen at a second location simultaneously. The rules DISH has for vacation homes is very fair. You are free to set up a second DISH, have everything ready to bring your receiver(s) with you and use the service at the vacation location. There isn't any excuse that changes that. DISH is probably giving a break by just telling you that you are stealing service instead of sending someone to your house to serve you. This isn't some moral high ground, it's so that I don't have to pay even more because some of you want to "spend wisely."
Let’s see if he wants to sling it there it’s all right but if he takes the receiver it’s stealing
Maybe that makes Disney case for them:)

I applaud anyone who can afford whatever. I always have and do not agree with going down the road of if someone can afford this or that they can pay this or that just because they can. Unless it's about paying what everyone has to.
Because someone is wealthy and is so because they don't spend unwisely, should not translate into not paying for a second home subscription for DISH as an unwise expense. (If two residences at the same time) If that is not what was meant, I agree then as my opening sentence says.

Let’s see if he wants to sling it there it’s all right but if he takes the receiver it’s stealing
Maybe that makes Disney case for them:)

Again, rationalizing does not make it not stealing. A Slingbox is not a DISH satellite receiver, and that is what this thread is about. Nice try to derail though. At this time Slingbox use is recognized as being a legal way to watch from a remote location. As is Dishanywhere. (I believe for one reason because it is not the same as watching directly from an HDMI connection to the TV. Similar to Analog VS Digital recording)

Last edited:
Again, rationalizing does not make it not stealing. A Slingbox is not a DISH satellite receiver, and that is what this thread is about. Nice try to derail though. At this time Slingbox use is recognized as being a legal way to watch from a remote location. As is Dishanywhere. (I believe for one reason because it is not the same as watching directly from an HDMI connection to the TV. Similar to Analog VS Digital recording)
It’s not to derail the thread it’s to show how the rules are interpreted,
If you pay for the receive then why say it has to be at the same location yet
Advertise TV everywhere but do not think the programmer providers should be compensated for this

Should I start posting in the DirecTV forum so I can advertise my referrals to DTV subs like Claude is doing here?

I cancelled my Dish account, so it woulde make no sense for me to advertise for Dish.

As far as Directv referrals, I won't get any credit for them anyways since im on a dealer employee complementry account. Anyone who asks for me for an account number, I have other peoples accounts who will be glad to receive a credit for a Directv referral.

Not sure why this is turning into such a big deal here. Just put up a dish antenna at the second location and purchase a receiver to keep there. When you go to the second location just call Dish and have them activate it on your current account. When you are done using it then call Dish and deactivate the receiver. This would not be much different than taking a receiver and tailgater places. As long as you do not have receivers active at two different locations for a long period of time you should be fine and Dish should not have an issue with it either.

You can call your retailer to come look, you can justify it as you are wisely spending money. In the end, it is stealing a scrambled signal not meant to be seen at a second location simultaneously. The rules DISH has for vacation homes is very fair. You are free to set up a second DISH, have everything ready to bring your receiver(s) with you and use the service at the vacation location. There isn't any excuse that changes that. DISH is probably giving a break by just telling you that you are stealing service instead of sending someone to your house to serve you. This isn't some moral high ground, it's so that I don't have to pay even more because some of you want to "spend wisely."

No excuse to slam the "spend wisely" explanation. It had nothing to do with stealing services.

DISH is probably giving a break by just telling you that you are stealing service instead of sending someone to your house to serve you.

Dish would have no case. It just blow's my mind that you would think they would sue a long time customer over this.

its not fair charlie can drop channels..sneak in hardware price increases..charge for DVR service (when he said he wouldn't) either but $hit happens

Last edited:
That's true.

Why do they sell the tailgater when that would be considered account stacking also.

What about the Pathway X2? That supports two stb's however nobody knows if you can add (2) 211's to a hopper account if you own a X2.

nobody= dish and CVS (They sent an email off for me today to a special person up to find out) lol

Last edited:
The best policy is "don't ask & don't tell", just do what you need to & let it ride.

I just figured you could take a tailgater to your cabin, house or whatever and use that. I've seen some youtube clips were truck drivers use it.

I just figured you could take a tailgater to your cabin, house or whatever and use that. I've seen some youtube clips were truck drivers use it.

On Amazon.com you can actually purchase a bracket that will clip onto a ladder to mount the tailgater to. I font have an RV or semi, nut its a pretty cool tool.