No More 129 Here?

69sixpackbee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2010
So. Cal.
I have been subscribed to Dish for a long while and I have not had any changes in my programming and I still receive all of my subscribed HD channels. It has been a while since I got into the hardware and started "checking" stuff. What prompted me to do so was I was taking my 211K out and was putting it back into my camper to get ready for the summer and it did not work right. i did not have all of my subscribed programming so a call to tech support and all is well. They shot a signal back to it and "woke it up" because I had it off line for quite a while. It is good now. I set it up in the RV for my single LNB dish setup like I usually do and set it up as "Dish300" and just point at the birds one at a time...no biggie. But I noticed when I was going through the setup menu of my other receivers in the house (722K & 222K) when I went to the system info it says "Dish500" and **I think** (because I am not at home right now) that although I receive all of my HD programming I swear that it says I only have 110 & 119. Maybe I'm wrong.
Did the WA programming change and we don't use 129 for HD any more?

I'll repost the true situation when it is in front of me.
Thanx,
Bud

We still use 129 satellite (mostly HD programming). Where did it say that you only had 119/110? On the point dish screen, it does not show information for the 1000.x dishes yet, but the true satellites you are receiving can be seen in the installation summary after you run a check switch test (menu-6-1-1-check switch-test)

Most all the HD is still at 129W. The receiver can handle a certain amount of being lied to about what antenna and switchgear it has hooked up.

As always, if it is working, don't get an ulcer if it doesn't look right.

Ok. I had a brain fart. It is OK. It just threw me for a loop because the choices are 300, 500 and "Super". I don't see Dish1000 any more. I guess they updated the software in the system or something.

I have all 3 birds.
Thanx!

Bud

The choice of 300/500/Super is so that the angle offsets are appropriate. AFAIK, they do not control what you see. For example, the 500 reports for your Zip an azimuth and elevation for the midpoint of two satellites because of the dual yoke. If the dual yoke is used for a single eye, it will be +/- 5 degrees from the 300 setting with some elevation change.

The skew value may be about right for any but the 300. The 300 does/did not have a skew as it was a single eye. The 300 settings would also be appropriate for a 500 with the single-LNB type arm as was used for 61.5W with a separate dual yoke for 110W and 119W. This is now obsolete as that is a mixed arc.

The elevations given may be off a bit with the different antennas and the azimuth is magnetic. The idea is to get a signal and fine tune (a few degrees at most) from there making sure an eye (usually the central one, foil cover the others) is getting the corresponding satellite. Important: start with a vertical post. Fine adjust the skew to balance the signal levels on the outside eyes--it should be close. Readjust azimuth and elevation for the best overall signal levels. Repeat only once or start over.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts