No more need for OTA with Dish The 1000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
No more need for OTA with The Dish 1000

Talking to Dish today I found out that with the Dish 1000 that you will be able to get your locals in HD. So no need for the OTA just glad I have not bought one. So I'm going to try to get me a 1000 in next week or two. :)

Well, there's one minor detail here. Dish has to actually put your HD locals up on one of the locations that the Dish 1000 can see. Either that or they have to get consent from all of the locals to allow you to receive either the East or West coast local HD feeds for all networks.

Cheers,

Please don't hold your breath waiting for DISH to put up your HD locals. Directv should have 12 DMAs up by the first of the year , DISH hasn't even announced plans to get any up this year.

Dish has West coast DNS TESTING at 129 as everyone knows... BUT there not avaible to subs. I wont expect those to be avaible untill east coast DNS shows up on 61.5 and as of right now.. at this moment.... That has not happened.. With the approval of rainbow 1 I would see this happen for folks within the month depending on how fast echostar is. Chances are if there put up you would have to be in an O&O area or have Distant wavers. If you dont have those wavers chances of getting them now are slim to none.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts