No MSG HD Rant

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
I reside in Western NY, where NHL Hockey is huge. Dish has had MSG HD uplinked for months. My Local Cable Company just added MSG HD. That means two of my three choices for my TV providers have MSG HD, NOW!!! The Buffalo Sabres are now finished for this season, but I'm determined to not miss anymore HD Sabres Games come October.

If Dish doesn't get on the ball soon adding more National HD, namely Scifi HD, USA HD, and MSG_HD. I doubt very much I will decide to keep Dish as my provider come the end of the summer.

I've been a Dish sub since 97, it makes me sad to say this but I've been waiting and hanging on week after week after week, while DirecTV adds HD channels, as well as my local Cable company add a dozen or so HD channels.

DirecTV may have inferior DVR's, even so I'll have to make the jump if Dish doesn't come through over the next couple of months. If DirecTV11 means Rochester HD locals get lit up, and Dish hasn't added a bunch of National HD, and MSG HD I will not be staying.

I currently sub to the Everything pack, with 4 DVR's, and the Dish Ulitmate HD channels, and the External Hard Drive upgrade fee. I even had a separate Sub for my RV of which I canceled a while back, only to be contacted about 20 times that they want me back. I already told them if they don't get on the ball, it wouldn't just be my RV sub, I'll be gone completely. 10 years of Subscription fees SEEEYAA.

HEY, DISH where are all these HD additions you promised in April???

John

I reside in Western NY, where NHL Hockey is huge. Dish has had MSG HD uplinked for months. My Local Cable Company just added MSG HD. That means two of my three choices for my TV providers have MSG HD, NOW!!! The Buffalo Sabres are now finished for this season, but I'm determined to not miss anymore HD Sabres Games come October.

If Dish doesn't get on the ball soon adding more National HD, namely Scifi HD, USA HD, and MSG_HD. I doubt very much I will decide to keep Dish as my provider come the end of the summer.

I've been a Dish sub since 97, it makes me sad to say this but I've been waiting and hanging on week after week after week, while DirecTV adds HD channels, as well as my local Cable company add a dozen or so HD channels.

DirecTV may have inferior DVR's, even so I'll have to make the jump if Dish doesn't come through over the next couple of months. If DirecTV11 means Rochester HD locals get lit up, and Dish hasn't added a bunch of National HD, and MSG HD I will not be staying.

I currently sub to the Everything pack, with 4 DVR's, and the Dish Ulitmate HD channels, and the External Hard Drive upgrade fee. I even had a separate Sub for my RV of which I canceled a while back, only to be contacted about 20 times that they want me back. I already told them if they don't get on the ball, it wouldn't just be my RV sub, I'll be gone completely. 10 years of Subscription fees SEEEYAA.

HEY, DISH where are all these HD additions you promised in April???

John

I'm so with you. I live in the SF Bay Area and no Comcast Sport HD. Fn LAME!!!! And It's not like MSG and CSNBA are small markets. And just like MSG HD, CSNBA HD has been on the uplink for about a year and a half and they still won't unlock it. I like yourself have been a member for 10+ years. And here's the deal with Direct TV, there not cheap like E* and when it come programming they are the best. FYI...I would not be surprised if E* looses a there sporting packages to D* because E* cheap and Charlie nows what's best for you and me. LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just added?

We've had the home games in HD all year on cable. And D* has had them since December or so.

I wouldn't worry about it now though...there's a good 6 months before you'll be watching another game...

Just added?

We've had the home games in HD all year on cable. And D* has had them since December or so.

I wouldn't worry about it now though...there's a good 6 months before you'll be watching another game...

Andrew,

If you live in Western NY and have Time Warner Cable then you MIGHT get MSG HD. Time Warner in Buffalo and into Batavia get all of the MSG HD Sabres games. If you live in the Rochester Franchise of Time Warner then you did NOT get MSG HD.

Time Warner Rochester in their infinite wisdom added MSG HD on Tuesday April 1st just in time for the last Sabres Home Game in HD.

John

Hey John,
Long time dish sub. Big ranger fan living in South Florida. I subscribbed ti CI for Hockey
on Dish. I cant tell you how disgusted i was.

So much so I added direc for the HD Hockey and most important MSG. Direc has really come through!!!

I still have dish but for how long i dont know. Im still weighing the dvr issue. I love the 622 but dish is going no where.

Im on the fence but im leaning towards dumping dish.

Yup the MSG Networks carry 5 major sports teams. (Rangers, Knicks, Sabres, Islanders, and Devils). It is long past the tiem for them to carry this already.

Or do what i did....cancelling may 29, 08 and opted to go with direct...can't wait any longer. don't know why msg & plus hd are still uplinked and not available but directv gets them up and running and don't tell me it is a
cablevision only exclusive:mad: