NO new BD rentals from BlockBuster Online? wtf?

1080iBeVuMin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Santa Rosa, CA
Do any of you rent BD from Blockbuster Online?

I subscribe, and I am pissed that they still show the same 30 pages of BD titles for almost 6 months. No new BD titles in a long time! My BD queue is just about empty, and I am going to cancel my subscription if they don't have some new BD titles really soon.

I wrote to customer service and received a very polite but brain-dead reply. :down

Anybody noticing this? Got any idea what's up??? Should I give up on BB Online?

Online is the same as in-store near me. I gave up on blockbuster ever getting new releases on BD and was ok with that, then they pulled the latest of their price increases, so I cancelled them outright.

Did you go with NETFLIX? Do you know if they a lot better about staying current with BD titles??

Yes, I went with netflix. As for current BD or even HD DVD, yes I believe they are staying current. I had sunshine and man on fire in my queue before release date and when they became available, they went to BD format and said availability of NOW but now say SHORT WAIT, but I expected that. My wife also put No Reservations in the queue and it says HD DVD format releases on Feb 12 on HD DVD

Suprised I'm the first to say this... The new Blu-Ray titles are there. You have to search for the movie then click all editions on the movie's page and you can select the Blu-Ray version.

Suprised I'm the first to say this... The new Blu-Ray titles are there. You have to search for the movie then click all editions on the movie's page and you can select the Blu-Ray version.

Thanks, man! :hatsoff: I never thought to try that. You are right... I just checked a recent title and found a BD version. But the very same BD version is not listed in their BD new releases section.

That is really STUPID of BlockBuster not to keep their BD New Releases section updated. They need a better webmaster. :no :no :no

Wow, is that bad design. Thanks for the heads up for others still with Blockbuster. I take back my earlier comment about online, but in store locally still is about 6 months behind

My store here in Columbus gets the new Blu Ray releases every Tuesday just the same as the SD DVD's. Mind you not all of them, but the bigger name movies for sure.

Where are u not seeing the new movies on bb? Are you talking about the old movies or new releases? Good luck chuck just came out yesterday and its available to rent.

I just added good luck chuck, mr woodcock and the heartbreak kid. Now, I'm gonna take my 3 back to the store and exchange them so they can scan in my exchanges so bb ships those 3 tomorrow.

Where are u not seeing the new movies on bb?

I am talking about newly released Blu-Ray titles!

Go to Blockbuster Online*-*Welcome to Blockbuster.
Select "Browse Movies" in the first column.
Select "Blu-Ray DVD" in the second column.
All the Blu-Ray titles listed have been on there for MONTHS!

But if you search a brand new release by title, then click to view all DVD versions available for the found title, it may list a Blu-Ray version available even though that same Blu-Ray release is not listed in the "Blu-Ray DVD" section under "Browse Movies".

Bogus website design! :mad:

But now that we know... we can work around it. :rolleyes:

The other shoe drops!

Moments ago I received this email from Blockbuster Online: They are completely revising their website which will be available "in January".

They include this link to review their site revisions.

Looks like a BIG improvement in layout. But they better update their Blu-Ray content as well! :cool:

Yea, probably raise the online price $5 every 6 months. I'm under the old plan since I've been a member since december 2006, so I only pay $19.99 +tax for 3 movies out and unlimited exchanges. But for a new member they want $34.99??!!!! How can that compete with netflix? If they raise me that that price I'm definately dropping them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts