No new channels this weekend - this is a bad sign

jnardone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
So the weekend is over and the channels that the VOOM insiders and the VOOM CSR's said would be added this weekend are nowhere to be found.

Could this be a sign that Motorola, the VOOM uplink facility, and everyone else at VOOM has bee told that a deal is not actually happening? I am assuming that Charles Dolan, would be paying the costs for adding these channels since if Cablevision was shutting down VOOM they would not have had to add them. He is such a great businessman that if he felt the deal was not going to go through then he wouldn't want to spend the money. Or maybe Cablevision told Motorola (or whoever has to send out the new mapping) that they were going to have to see the new VOOM for payment and Motorola balked.

Whatever the case is - this is a very bad sign for VOOM customers.

jnardone said:
So the weekend is over and the channels that the VOOM insiders and the VOOM CSR's said would be added this weekend are nowhere to be found.
Don't panic!

I find it odd that they added the new channels last week. Just because they didn't add any more on a weekend is no reason to predict doom and dispair. :)

JL

jnardone said:

Not really. They may just not put them on yet. Relax. Watch some "TanK'.

Yeah, if something promised is a day late, it is obvious that the sky is falling.

Add one more notch to the "Voom is dead assumption pole" and I swear that Voom will be around when the pole is reduced to a toothpick.

jnardone said:

Could this be a sign that Motorola, the VOOM uplink facility, and everyone else at VOOM has bee told that a deal is not actually happening? I am assuming that Charles Dolan, would be paying the costs for adding these channels since if Cablevision was shutting down VOOM they would not have had to add them. He is such a great businessman that if he felt the deal was not going to go through then he wouldn't want to spend the money. Or maybe Cablevision told Motorola (or whoever has to send out the new mapping) that they were going to have to see the new VOOM for payment and Motorola balked.

You have got to be kidding, right?

Mr. Piondexter...Please forgive me...

Mr.Poindexter said:
Yeah, if something promised is a day late, it is obvious that the sky is falling.

Add one more notch to the "Voom is dead assumption pole" and I swear that Voom will be around when the pole is reduced to a toothpick.
...but your REASONING turns me on! :)

Sorry, all, I forgot for a moment this was a PG forum... it's just so...well...can we say, just so evocative...of maybe probable outcome? I find common sense so...well...arrousing. :eek:

Geez...now I'm all embarrased! :eek: :D

Vicki :D

Yeah, and that beagle in your avatar looks pretty excited too. My perssian kitty said she wants to tease your beagle!!!

I Am...Appalled...!!!

richard_rd said:
Yeah, and that beagle in your avatar looks pretty excited too. My perssian kitty said she wants to tease your beagle!!!
...Totally SHOCKED and APPALLED!! Is there a censor in the house!!!???

I'll swann...a person has one tiny momentary lapse into wild abandonment...and some vulgar entity will appear to try to take advantage!! What on earth is this world coming to????

Vicki ;) ...or more properly...Victoria :D

P.S. Please PM me...Boomer seems very interested!

jnardone said:

Oh Pleeeeez! Cut it out!

Its not a "good" sign and I dont know if I would read too much into it but that DMA map excuse is ridiculous. This reciever should scan in whatever signal it can find plain and simple. I cant believe that the moto is blind to stations that arent programmed into this map? With this map bologna Voom will continue to have to update it and bleed money doing that?:rolleyes: Seems to me a tuner like every other ATSC tuner out there should just scan in what it can find. Wouldnt that be a prudent cost saving measure which Voom needs at this time instead of paying programmers forever to update a map as new channels come online? WHy not just manufacture dollar bill toilet paper for the bathrooms at Voom??

Get a life man

Jnardone, get a life. Voom will always outlive your doomsday predictions. Relish in voom's glory cause voom will never die. A cat has Nine lives, voom has 900, no matter how you wish it dead , it shall alway rise , and shine.

I saw a promotion on Gallary HD promoting a coming attractions for May 19th. Yes I am one of the few who will admit to watching Gallary HD. Anyway I take that as a good sign as well.

gutter said:
I saw a promotion on Gallary HD promoting a coming attractions for May 19th. Yes I am one of the few who will admit to watching Gallary HD. Anyway I take that as a good sign as well.
Hey! Welcome to the tiny but growing GalleryHD fan club!

GalleryHD is a beautifully planned channel that gets way too little recognition on this forum IMO. It has its own personalities: Tim Marlow, Amy Roddenbush, David Darcy, the Takaks Quartet, not to mention the superb bumper music. When I tell non-Voomers I am learning about art by watching television, they think I must be nuts! :rolleyes:

My Gosh,

Say it ain't so... Things take more time than expected? At least we have a service without a Dead Date. At least we can speculate about Malone and Co. and their hopes and intent with Voom. At least we can all look forward to Bill Nye The Science Guy on Noggin. At least Vicki survived her brush with excitement over poles being reduced to toothpicks (I swear that had no innuendo on writing it... any you find is in your mind.)

Anyone want to bet on five (count 'em, five) new SD channels by Friday and one new HD by the following Friday 25 March?

I have no advance knowledge, just a great deal of happiness watching this baby continue to have near death experiences--and come back better and stronger each time.

Go VOOM!

Rick

Cool I like Bill Nye the Science Guy. :)

Actually met him once, he is a laid back redneck who loves country music. (Who would of thunk it) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)