No New Hd On 05-07-08

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NDDOG

Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
It is taking way to long to get new HD. I now know why so many are going to Direct TV.........

Having both D and E I can say in addition to more HD Direct has many more features. Being able to record a PPV and have it on your box but not pay until you want. VOD, Media Sharing, multiple premium HD Feeds. When I went with D I kept E but I'm starting to question why.

Disney HD, Toon Disney HD, ABC Fam HD, ESPN News HD, Bravo HD, & Cartoon Net HD were UPLINKED but not yet available............

DodgerKing,

I don't think you should count PPV and RSNs (By definition they are regional and not national). I just looked at the most recent comparison chart and I'm not sure how you get +28 in favor of Direct. That number certainly can't be taking into account E* having the 15 Voom channels. Could you clarify?

Edit: I just looked at the chart you linked, I count 31 that E* doesn't have. So taking into account channels that D* doesn't have we're at +16 in favor of D*.

But the thing is, almost all of the channels that D* has that E* doesnt still doesnt show HD content. So whats the rush?

Most may show a small amount of HD but, unless you watch the channel now and want to watch the few shows that are shown in HD, it's not worth the effort to switch to D*. I can wait because I could care less about most of the channels that D* has that E* doesn't. Both services don't compare to blueray and most programming sucks anyway whether it be in SD or HD.

But the thing is, almost all of the channels that D* has that E* doesnt still doesnt show HD content. So whats the rush?
Do people just like to make things up, or are they actually too lazy to find out the truth?

All of those channels show HD content. Some like Smithsonian, ESPN News, many of the additional premium movie channels, and MGM show HD ALL of the time (Dish does not have these channels). The only ones that show NO HD content are the MTV channels (MTV, VH1, and CMT). That makes just 3, a far cry from most...

Last edited:
;)
Do people just like to make things up, or are they actually too lazy to find out the truth?

All of those channels show HD content. Some like Smithsonian, ESPN News, the premium channels, and MGM show HD ALL of the time. The only ones that show NO HD content are the MTV channels (MTV, VH1, and CMT). That makes just 3, a far cry from most...

You can add Fuel and CBS College Sports (The old CSTV) to the list that hasn't shown any HD content. Can't blame the folks for saying things like that since Scott also spouts the same thing by saying many channels don't show HD and everyone knows Scott is always right

DodgerKing,

I don't think you should count PPV and RSNs (By definition they are regional and not national).
Not true. RSN's are available to all nationally with certain packages.
I just looked at the most recent comparison chart and I'm not sure how you get +28 in favor of Direct. That number certainly can't be taking into account E* having the 15 Voom channels. Could you clarify?
The poster I responded to specifically mentioned ones that Direct has the Dish does not have. The 31, not counting RSN's, represents that specific number. If he mentioned the number that Dish has that Direct does not, I would have said, 18 including RSN's and 16 excluding RSN's.
Edit: I just looked at the chart you linked, I count 31 that E* doesn't have. So taking into account channels that D* doesn't have we're at +16 in favor of D*.
You are absolutely correct...

;)

You can add Fuel and CBS College Sports (The old CSTV) to the list that hasn't shown any HD content. Can't blame the folks for saying things like that since Scott also spouts the same thing by saying many channels don't show HD and everyone knows Scott is always right
I forgot about those two. That makes 5 then.

Let me first say that it is not my intention to make one provider appear to be better than the other. My only intention is to provide honest and accurate information, which means I will challenge people when they are not presenting something honestly or are simply wrong about something. As I hope people do the same too me when I am wrong as well.

That being said, I would love to see Dish add bunch more HD to their line-up. A competitive field is better for all of us. I wish the difference between the two providers for HD would be zero. Hopefully by the end of the year both providers are providing all of the possible national HD to their subs.

I forgot about those two. That makes 5 then.

What about The Weather Channel .... I thought that goes live in HD in June. From the uplink it sounds like ESPN News, ABC Family, Toon Disney, Disney, and Bravo will be added this Friday and next Friday. I don't really find too much exciting about these channels with the exception of ESPN News. Only channels left I care about are MGM, Travel (not carried by Direct), and Smithsonian. Movie channels will be nice in the multiple feeds for some but I don't really care for the movie channels anyway.

FWIW ... I have the 5.99 multi sports channels (12.00 for Direct) and hard to classify as National when any pro sport game is blacked out unless they are in my market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)