No news on NBR?

Stacy A

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
northeast Texas
Why has the talk of getting NBR on the 5xx DVR's stopped? I thought we were putting pressure on Dish and they had responded favorably. Once that happened, it's like no one cares about NBR anymore. And Dish certainly doesn't seem to be adding it.

Stacy

I was just wondering the same thing the other day. I vaguely remember seeing something about why it has not happened, but actually doing a search on NBR returns alot of results.

Wasn't it stated on the last tech chat that it's 'suppose' to be released at the end of the year?

I thought I remember hearing that.

Hopefully we do get it, that is as long as it works!!

Well by the time Dish does sends out the NBR like they said they would :rolleyes: , we will be all starting to switch over to the new Gen. receivers(mpeg4) anyways so it will be just about usless to add it to the current models.

:eek:
cdoyle said:
Wasn't it stated on the last tech chat that it's 'suppose' to be released at the end of the year?

I thought I remember hearing that.

Hopefully we do get it, that is as long as it works!!
I remember hearing it would be availble in a month :eek: :eek:

Charlie first said in a month, then the next month when he got the question again, he said by the end of the year.

I have watched all the Charlie Chats and Tech Forums, and there has been no further word on NBR for the 5xx models since then. So, at this time, they are still due by the end of this year.

looks like another set of owners has been mislead my Dish. Charlie started off saying ALL PVRs would have NBR, then he backed down to 5XX only.

My 721 is great for what I use it for, but it could be nicer with NBR (and was expected when I bought it). When MPEG 4 comes out I'll wait to see what their replacement is for my 721. I'm tired of vaporware promises. :mad:

Just call me sunshine; NBR probably won't happen. Too many times Charlie said something is going to happen on a chat only to never happen later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)